Palgrave Conservation Area in Caledon

rhymobot

In case anyone has seen this on the map and was curious as it's far away from pretty much everyone. This place is more known for bike trails and couldn't find any fishing info on it.

Was hoping it could be a secret honey hole for bass but doesn't seem like it.

Went there this past Friday at about 8pm on the way to cottage country.

Click here for map

I was casting senkos into here for about 15 mins and nothing. Wasn't worth the effort after that as this pond is completely surrounded by willow reeds and other annoying flora. And you have to walk balls deep in this stuff just to get close. But you can't even get close enough to actually stand on shore and so I was casting from like 5 feet away.

Also the pond was at least half covered in algae though you'd never know from the google maps. And you can't see the tall grass either on this map which is why I was surprised when I got there.

If I lived nearby I would explore more but there's tonnes of lakes/creeks/rivers in Caledon that are incognito and I'm gonna look at some of those.

Edited by yush_gta

Wait, were you at the dam? If so that is palgrave pond and is virtually dead, you would probably have better luck fishing in a quarry pond :sarcasm::w00t:

didn't see a dam there. but i've heard of that dam but no idea where it is. but that could explain a lot about this spot.

Theyre in there all year, fly fishing requires more timing. However the upper credit is much nicer and productive, it's loaded with browns and specks, and has a few bows mixed in as well.

I wouldn't say the UC is loaded with anything to be honest. It's a tough fishery even at the best of times.

didn't see a dam there. but i've heard of that dam but no idea where it is. but that could explain a lot about this spot.

I grew up in that area. Went to public school in Palgrave. 40 years ago, there were some bass in that pond but have been gone for >20y.

The dam referred to above is not in the CA, it's just north of the town, right at the edge of hwy 50, west side. It's not worth your time either.

Well it's certainly better than the humber, and personally I've had very good luck there.

I've taken some big fish out of the UC, but it's definitely not a numbers game (Unless you like catching 6-8in specs)