Grand River Crappie's & Gills

Fishmaster

Headed out for Some Crappies after work tonight and found some nice slabs and a few blue gills to go with them .

was a nice calm no wind eve and the sun was shineing and the fish were hungry .managed about 17 crappies and a doz blue gills .

all on bobber and minnow a ft under the suffrace ..got home got the knife out and the beer batter ..yummy ...

000_0562.jpg

000_0561.jpg

000_0554.jpg

000_0563.jpg

000_0564.jpg

Looks like you had a nice dinner!. Though you don't get much meat off those guys.

I've never seen Bluegills that colour - they seem a reddish colour (unless its just the lighting) :dunno:

Nice catch all the same. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like you had a nice evening out there Steve - might give it a try on the weekend - what else might one expect to catch in the lower river ( in season ) ?

Don

Looks like lake ontario might be a wash this weekend ( winds ) so I am looking for another option.

Lower grand you never no what you will catch ..Channle Cats ,Yellow Belly Cats ,Bowfin ,Crappies, Trout, Blue Gills ,White Perch ,Silver Bass , OOS Walleye, Pike, Small Mouth, Large Mouth ..the grand has just about everything in right now..me i will be o Lake Ont Fri Sat Sun ....as for what Crappie taste like sorta like Perch but flakey fluffy meat

Nice report and pics there Steve, right down to the fillets!!!

Pan fishing with a light action rod and a float is one of my favourite ways to fish. Always takes me back to the simpler way of fishing when I was younger. Not to mention the great eating!

I wish there were more panfishing reports. Thanks for yours!