The Soo

tightline

Well its vacation time..(first in about 5 years) and me and the misses are heading to the Soo for a week!! :thumbsup_anim: As I've never been I'm looking for a little help. With a baby on the way I'm thinking this will be my last trip for another 5 years so I'd like to make it a good one. Was wondering if theres anybody familiar with the area or if theres anyone who would like to go out for a day of fishing. I'm pretty good at reading a river and knowing what to be looking for in terms of where fish lay up. Would love to go wading the st marys rapids, but am looking for some shore fishing (or boat rental opportunities in the area) so the wifey can get out too..pretty sure shes wont be doing any rapid walking. Any and all help will be appreciated..like I said with my first baby on the way I'm hoping for this trip to be memorable as I'm not sure what the protocol is for leaving a wife and baby at home and how that will fly in the future. Anybody with info can pm me if they want or anyone looking for a fishing partner for a day I would be most grateful.

hey I am also heading up there for a week in July. Going to be there starting on the 21st for a week. Plan to hit the rapids with my switch rod if I can get all my stuff together. From what I read the rapids are extremely slick and you need a wading staff and studded boots. I was thinking of pming Tdunn and have already looked into some fly guides but not sure of my schedule yet so I haven't booked anybody.

I am going with the wife and kids to visit family mainly.

Edited by torco

The rapids is pretty easy to find and figure out.

It helps to know the best holes but there are so many that you should catch fish.

For walleye, night time along the boardwalk, near the hotel or at the piers coming out of the locks

The rapids is pretty easy to find and figure out.

It helps to know the best holes but there are so many that you should catch fish.

For walleye, night time along the boardwalk, near the hotel or at the piers coming out of the locks

Thanks Dara great info hope it helps..are these places easy enough to find?

hey I am also heading up there for a week in July. Going to be there starting on the 21st for a week. Plan to hit the rapids with my switch rod if I can get all my stuff together. From what I read the rapids are extremely slick and you need a wading staff and studded boots. I was thinking of pming Tdunn and have already looked into some fly guides but not sure of my schedule yet so I haven't booked anybody.

I am going with the wife and kids to visit family mainly.

If you want a fly guide PM me....I can put you in touch with the best guy in the rapids.

Touch down the SOO...after a very early start this morning and a heck of a drive we've made it! Just came from downtown on the boardwalk, some live bands a little ice cream and I'm spent. Tonight the fireworks are going off on the water front, and were going to check it out. Got a chance to see the rapids and was at the deltas boardwalk, both look great. Gonna be a big day tomorrow!!!