Welcome home

spincast

Last Saturday I got back from a week at Gowganda for the annual get away with my bud Kev (post to come). G spent the night at a friends down the street and saunters down as soon as I pull up. We do the meet and greet thing, and I ask him, "did ya miss me?"'Sure did Dad - when can we go fishin?" biggrin.gif

"ummmm, think we gotta clear that one with Mum'

10 seconds later " she says its OK, what time we leaving?". Ahh, a boy after my own heart.

Sunday 4:30 we're up and bound for the regular hunting grounds. The Lake is coming alive. On the water by 6:30, first two bows in the boat by 8:30, 1 more bow and a Salmon in by 9:30 (that woke G up from a quick snooze when it hit the dipsey and peeled about 100 foot of line off immediately) and a couple near misses, including one bow G fought for 250 + foot just for us to watch him jump fully 3 foot out of the water twenty feet from the boat and spit the hook. dunno.gif

Just as we're starting to pull in the line the lead core that I had just switched up spoons on 10 minutes earler goes for the first time, 10 + coluors out. Starts peeling line. This fish fought so hard G actually asked for help, which he didnt even do with the Salmon he landed earlier this year

100_1222.jpg

Nice 33 inch bow we agreed would be a dad-lad team fish good.gif

100_1221.jpg

We ended up 5 for 9 in 4.5 hours. Other than one (less than 24 inches) they were all over 29 inches and healthy as I've seen them.

Edited by spincast

Nice fish guys clapping.gif Boy am I getting jealous now . tongue.gif

Hey Vince good to see ya around. Time to get your new toys out and give 'em a whirl.

Awesome Rick. Glad to hear ya had a great trip north and a great day with G.

I don't know many kids G's age that love fishing that much. I can only imagine the fisherman he will become.

Here's hopin' Chris. I plan on enjoying the time together while I can

Nice Rick !!!! G is such a cute kid..............Love that smile

I'm smiling too Merc ----tease.gifI guess that's part of the genetics / environment discussion biggrin.gif

Great stuff buddy! Looking forward to the Gowganda report and pics. thumbsup_anim.gif

That's a comin'. slow and sure

Great stuff Rick....will have to get G-Man to teach Jack when we're down.

You're on Bud. We'll get Sam onto a nice little bow on one of the shorter 7 ft rods. I bet he'll be just like G and out catch his dad. Looking forward to it