Scugog River access

ROOK

greetings

had the opportunity to drive over the river using Highway 7 a few times lately and was wondering if anyone could suggest a public launch to access the river in that area ???? thought it looked like it would be worth my while to explore that stretch with a canoe !! thanks

ROOK

Yep, what sinclair said. :thumbsup_anim:

If you want to launch off the north shore of the river, go to the sand bar launch, on sand bar Rd.

View lake is a decent launch, and you get to fish the whole way up to the locks in lindsay from there. You can pretty much fish it all in a good day if you wanted.

If you want to fish downstream of the locks in lindsay, you can launch off St. Paul rd, in the park. (the name of the park escapes me at the moment, sorry)

Good luck!

S.

My wife and I launched our kayaks above the locks and paddled South. Very pleasant section of river to explore.

We put in here 44.35730, -78.73168 (Copy and paste this into Google maps) and paddled to here 44.33327, -78.72687

Another great spot, part way South to Hwy 7/35 is here: 44.36672, -78.73831

There's a small park, with a launch ramp, dock, wharf and parking. All free. Perfect for a canoe trip.

Edited by whiskywizard

Last weekend as we headed along 7a east of port perry right at one of the over passes there was a small launch on the north side of the highway.A fellow pulled over in front of us and we saw the ramp right there.That was well before the cesaria(excuse the spelling)cut off.Great looking canoe area.!:clapping: