Collingwood/Georgian Bay fishing

fisher

Has anyone fished the Collignwood area lately for salmon/trout or any other species?

I am heading up there for a few days and wondering if it is worth hauling the boat to do some fishing. Haven't fished there in 5 years and did not have much luck then and hoping for some current info on what species may be biting and how to get into them (depth/lure/speed...etc..).

I usually downrig out of Port Credit, so I have all the gear needed for Salmon/Trout but also wondering if there are any other species I could target while there (maybe pike/bass?).

Thanks and have a fun and safe long weekend!

Oh and by the way, I am selling my late mom's 2003 Ford Escape 4x4 which is in awesome condition and only 109,000 kms in the classified section if anyone is interested!

Edited by fisher

Really? That is too bad...was hoping the here and there reports I have heard the last couple of years of the fishing improving were a sign that things may have turned arouond.

I would hate to lug it all the way up there and catch nothing, expecially when I am used to fishing Lake Ontario and always hit fish.