Canal lake or Mitchell Lake?

Locnar

My buddy and I are plannin' on hitting up either Canal or Mitchell lake for some invasive pikes. I've heard they're pike factories, is this true? Any tips for lures or certain kinds of structure to look for? Is one lake better than the other? I'll be sure to write up a report on how it went, being that we hook into some of those toothy my mom hates me. Anyhow, any kind of advice is much appreciated.

My buddy and I are plannin' on hitting up either Canal or Mitchell lake for some invasive pikes. I've heard they're pike factories, is this true? Any tips for lures or certain kinds of structure to look for? Is one lake better than the other? I'll be sure to write up a report on how it went, being that we hook into some of those toothy my mom hates me. Anyhow, any kind of advice is much appreciated.

I was on the Mitchell last Sunday. Water level is low. It's hard to navigate - you have to clean up your prop every minute because of the weeds. Fishing was slow. Didn't fish Canal Lake this year.

If it was me, I would go to Balsam provincial park, launch the boat there, and fish my way into Mitchell from Balsam. Food for thought.

We have a small flat bottom boat propelled by a trolling motor. About the speed of paddling a canoe.

Launch boat off 48 just before Shallamar if u passed gas station went to far....ur rig is perfect for that lake.... Go under bridge eastward and u will see a field of weeds hit the lines u will hit.... I have seen tiger musky come out of there and they r ffffkin nice!!!...also when u lauch troll around island and on ur right there r stumps....experment u will catch....my buddy uses a 12" flat botton with a cooler live will set up and a 30lb trust tm and he catches a ton...dont need a big boat on this lake!