crazy thunder storms and flyfishing for crappie.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Got out the other day and the mother of all storms had us stranded a couple of times as we took shelter from the tempest.

We also managed a few fish before the weather hit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8XlCp7-bZNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_2376.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

Are you sure you have a stringer? :lol::lol: Nice walleye mixed in.....and sauger too....love that you get into these crazy multi-species runs

I always forget something! if its not a stringer its the pliers, if its not the pliers its my fishing rods...believe me i have almost driven off without the boat and trailer before!

Great report Simon. The weather certainly has been a challenge lately. Haven't had the boat out for a couple days myself, but last night the walleye were hitting like crazy off the end of my dock.

Yeah...well its dead off my dock after a promising start. Just thought i'd let you know that my last video was the lake we got hideously stuck in the slush. Walleye certainly biting there and not too far from your place eh?

your a lucky man simon.. lolz you got to fish almost everday, im so jealous.. having a lil one, not easy to have me time haha... enjoy capt... nice mixed fish in the stringer haha..

I admit i fish more than i should....chores tend to pile up.

Good times Simon!! Nice to just go fishing and catch a variety of fish like that. Thanks for the report.

The 3 minute journey acroos the open section of lake to my shore with the lightening was not so fun....but yeah...it was great to catch a few different species in one spot.

You got a great fishery there man!...What you drinking at 1:41, look like a pint :whistling:

LOL...i'm not drinking anything, thats my buddy Scott holding a can of Dr. Pepper

Yeah...well its dead off my dock after a promising start. Just thought i'd let you know that my last video was the lake we got hideously stuck in the slush. Walleye certainly biting there and not too far from your place.

Yeah, I had kind of figured out where you were when I watch the video. Action at our end has been hot & cold. Had some excellent days and some real poor ones this year, nothing in between it seems. I'm going to try a few lakes with in the next few weeks for a change. Was thinking of heading to the one east and to the north of our place, but having watched your video, I might have to head west instead.

Watching your buddy with the fly rod made me go dig mine out. I may have to spend a bit of time practicing, it's been a long time. I'm pretty low on flies, so it looks like I'll have to spend a bit of time at the vise as well.

Edited by Old Man