CANISBAY LAKE ALGONQUIN PARK

DMASSE

Hello

Was thinking of doing a 3 day fishing trip to CANISBAY Lake in ALGONQUIN Park, Has anyone fished there before. Is there any good spots or what typr of fish are there. I am kayaking but dont want to portage to much due to personal health..

Any help would be appreciated

Dave

Many moons ago. Didnt have much time for fishing when I was there, but what I did was tough. Caught one nice trout, about 2 lbs trolling behind the canoe for about 5 hours of effort over 2 days. Like most of the drive in lakes, pressure has pretty much decimate any chance of catching much. Great campground though (or used to be 10+ years ago)

if you're going to Algonquin drive in, I'd look at Rock Lake instead. Bass in the lake but downside is the campground can get noisy so be forewarned ;)

Rain Lake is another nice spot, they had a small campground years ago but not sure if it still exists. There's a cabin the Park rents out as well. Rain Lake is one of my favorites in the Park and I believe Ralph Bice or his family have or had a cabin at the far end of the lake. Again bass is what I've caught there. Very pretty lake and around 5 km or so long, but thin at the west end.

Have fun where ever you camp.

Opeongo is quite if you get a water taxi to take you in, big smallies and lakers.

Opeongo is the most pressured/used lake in the park due to it being one of the only lakes that allows unlimited horsepower.... I wouldn't say it's quiet....

The campsite at Tea Lake might not be open but the smallmouth fishing is decent there and if you camp at Cannisbay its not that far of a run

Tea Lake is open my friends ... hit it. Its one of my favs. Good spots for Bass fishin' for sure. I actually flipped my sit-in kayak last summer chasing this one Big Bass splashing around.....