Need Advice..Evinrude Intruder or John Faststrike ???

tizfun

Hey all, It's been a while since I've posted and every time I do, you all are willing to help me out..

Well, here's the scoop.. Money is tight !! Since my divorce took away my last boat, I'm now in the market at a used (new to me) again.. I'm looking at a couple and are powered by either motor 1996 150 hp Fast Strike and the other with a 1997 175 hp Intruder.

What are your opinions on these motors ?? Would or have you owned one before ?? I know the 1998 Fitch and the Opitmax in this year are not good, so any comments and advice would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Tiz

I had the 175 rude. As mentioned VRO were problem. Power Packs $300 were problem. Think they are cheaper after market. Before blowing money on power pack the cheapest sensor is under your dash about $14 it controls your beeper.

At the front of the motor are 2 small boxes. Bose relays about $4 at Auto Parts store $15 at marina. They control your trim. If your motor goes up and not down switch them around. They both need to be plugged in.

The 150 Strike is same motor everything applies.

I have nothing but good things to say about my Ficht Craig.

It's been a very good engine.

yes Bernie but you also know that we turn wrenches for a living and understand the engineers came out with a pm schedule for a reason and we will usually follow it on our own equipment cause who wants to work on there equipment when everyone else is fisihing

I have nothing but good things to say about my Ficht Craig.

It's been a very good engine.

Then you're one of the lucky ones, Bernie. That seems to be the thing with Ficht - while some owners have great experiences with them, many more have nothing but headaches. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.