What's that River in Keswick Called and is There Good Fishing?

rhymobot

Hi.

My friend bought a house really near to Cook's Bay on Simcoe and I'm going to visit him. My 12 foot inflatable with 30lb thrust trolling motor can't handle the lake so I'm looking at google maps and I see a river there but it doesn't show the name.

Anyway, anyone know the name of the river and know what's in there?

Know where I can launch, preferably away from the big marinas?

Thanks.

Holland River?

Never fished it, but it's popular for perch and crappie. I bet there's pike and bass as well.

I am not all that familiar with the area, but I drove up to the end of Bathurst and there is a small marina there.

I'd suggest asking on the lakesimcoemessageboard.com

Holland River?

Never fished it, but it's popular for perch and crappie. I bet there's pike and bass as well.

I am not all that familiar with the area, but I drove up to the end of Bathurst and there is a small marina there.

I'd suggest asking on the lakesimcoemessageboard.com

No fish there:whistling:LOL.Kontiki marina,or Bradford.

Edited by davey buoy

If you are talking about the big one that starts at the marinas and goes under the bridge on woodbine, I have followed that one pretty far past woodbine. At the mouth to the bridge there are crappie, bass and perch. Although I have only caught small crappie. As you follow it further in you will start to run into catfish and carp. After you pass the bridge its carp town. I don't fish for carp, but there are littlly millions of carp there. Huge ones too. So if carp is your thing than go for it. Its a bit windy with lots of forks and is very shallow and by the middle of summer its so thick with weeds your trolling motor will stall out. If you are gonna go I suggest going asap as it won't be long before it starts to choke up. There is the occaisonal bass as well but its soo thick with weeds its pretty much carp only. It actually starts to resemble a bayuo from swamp people and I would think is the weather was right it would be full of gators. :) Parking is tough as there is not a lot available other than the marinas. But there are places you could slip a canoe or inflatable in without anyone noticing. Perhaps the boston pizza, or out half way between boston pizza and woodbine on the south shore.

Edited by jedimaster

{the black river is in sutton} Maskinonge or JerseyRiver ,for the older locals

the river used to be the dividing line between the Jersey area and the Keswick area...Keswick kids went to Keswick PS and Jersey kids went to Jersey PS.......but everyone had to play hockey in the same arena .......

Edited by Terry