Working Northern Ontario

Dutchy

Doing this out of hope more than anything, but you are a good bunch of people on here so I am hoping someone might have some info. I have a buddy who is looking to work up north (lives in london and wants to maintain it as a base). I have tried to help him look for jobs, but apart from the odd job on the HRDC website, we are clueless as to what companies operate up North. I am talking about mining etc, he has an excavator licence.

Could anybody enlighten us to what the main mining companies (or anything else) up north are? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug.

P.S, I haven't been fishing and won't be until bass opener, but I continue to live vicariously through all the reports on here :thumbsup_anim:

Wawa and Dubreilville have lots of gold mines that are booming and always hiring. Patricia, Richmont, Wesdome Mines are a few and strike minerals i believe are starting up and have been hiring in the past 6 months.

Capreol is a good place to start, i know xstrata is laying some pple off and hiring in certain dept.'s

there is pionneer construction for a machine op( they are always hiring for summer jobs) there is also transfield services out of north bay he can try. and anything really in sudbury there always looking for good machine operators up there. how many years doe he have on the shovel?( if you don't mind me asking?)

Thanks for the replies guys. He will do any kind of work, mining, construction you name it. Really no jobs down in London and he is starting to get into that depressive funk..... :wallbash: I really appreciate your suggestions.

Check into the Seegmiller Group of companies. They are located in Kitchener but have recently bought out several smaller companies in the North. Last year they bought the company I was working for called Bruman Construction and Leasing.

This year they successfully bid on a 17 million dollar job to repair and resurface part of Hiughway 11 N around Sundridge. They will definately need machine operators.

Also try Kirkland Gold Inc. in Kirkland Lake, and Au Rico Gold in Matachewan. There are tons of mines in the Kirkland Lake, Larder Lake areas and also around Timmins.

Check out timmins im in the gold mining industry and its booming here lots of open pit mining operations as well which would be his main way of gettin into mining with an excavator licence. Brigus gold, GoldCorp, PGM to name a few also lots of construction jobs firing up lately as well .