Cleaning your rod handles

jedimaster

Dish soap and a scrub pad work great. It's alot easier to keep them clean if you don't let them get that dirty :)

Pretty much BINGO......but when I took a rod building class years ago the instructor gave us this tip to clean not only the handle but the complete rod.......as you know...if you use minnows the scales get everywhere on the rod....

Take the complete rod, minus the reel into the shower with you....and for the handle do as BillM said....dish soap and a light scrub pad.....also use the dish soap on the rod blank but DO NOT USE the scrub pad on it...it will take off the shiny finish....

Doing this the rod handle always looks like new afterward and all those little minnow scales come right off the blank too because of how much water it's expose to during your shower.

Bob

Pretty much BINGO......but when I took a rod building class years ago the instructor gave us this tip to clean not only the handle but the complete rod.......as you know...if you use minnows the scales get everywhere on the rod....

Take the complete rod, minus the reel into the shower with you....and for the handle do as BillM said....dish soap and a light scrub pad.....also use the dish soap on the rod blank but DO NOT USE the scrub pad on it...it will take off the shiny finish....

Doing this the rod handle always looks like new afterward and all those little minnow scales come right off the blank too because of how much water it's expose to during your shower.

Bob

Shower with my fishing rod? Lol, I think not.