Where Are The Ganny Carp Hiding?

Photoz

Up until about 3 years ago, once the trout left in April, and before the September salmon run, the river was LOADED with carp. Then about 3 years ago the numbers were noticeably fewer, and the last 2 years very scarce? There were few kept and many who tried landing them om light equipment usually got broken off. My cousin (retired) lives a 5 minute walk from the river, and spends a lot of time fishing . . . in the last 2 months since the rainbow run, he's got 16 carp . . . . total! No die-offs along the lake . . . . where could they have disappeared to?

Carp fishing seems to be slower than ever this year .

THEY ARE THERE, JUST WOULD NOT BITE! I have been to few places , saw them but they are ready to spawn right now and lesser quantity compared to last year , water was also lower than normal.

Edited by bassfighter

I fished Bronte and 16 in Oakville and blanked at both places. Not a twitch. I put it down to water temps. I came across water temps in Hamilton Harbour at the end of April of 36 degrees F. These were shallow water

areas that should have been much warmer. The weather in May did not do much to warm the water. One of the places we fish pre spawn carp usually produces fish in ever increasing numbers for about 6 weeks. This year the carp came in and spawned then left. We had about two weeks instead of 6.