some specks on a saturday

Joeytier

Got out for some small stream speckles this weekend. With low, warm water and hot, hot air, I was surprised to find fish so active, but they were bangin'! Extensive bush whacking was in order, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Keeps those pesky people away. The horse flies on the other hand...

As per usual, the faster, riffle water produced most smaller fish while plugging away at deep slow log jams, waiting to hit that perfect cast was usually the ticket for the bigger specimens. Black or brown bead head nymphs free-drifted under a small indicator brought all fish to the bank. Missed 2 real hogs while poppin' a muddler right before sundown. :wallbash: Excuse to go back I suppose

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

Anyone who has fished small specks will agree that keeping a small net with you is crucial to properly handle trout.

Next on the list is to acquire a smaller, shorter 2 or 3 wt. to get into some spots I haven't yet been able to penetrate with my 6 wt.

At least those horeflies donet leave garbage on the creek bank, eh?

This area hardly even has a visible trail once the underbrush comes up, yet I still happen upon garbage bags and pieces of furniture... :wallbash:

Let me know if you're serious about picking up a fly combo...I'll be selling the one I caught these fish on in a week or two. :whistling: