May Opener in Temagami

johnnyb

Thanks for the kind words folks....glad you enjoyed...I'm still wishing I was back up there....bugs or not!

Nice one Johnny, I never left the island up there all weekend. Took a while for me figure out that trolling route but then I saw which way the North arrow was pointing. Never fished in that spot before.

Did you manage a few trolls for walleye. How were the bugs??? I'm still scratching bites as they were brutal back around Spawning Bay at the place I was staying

Paul you have to get into that spot....can basically go in circles from one shore to the other....always some springtime laker action in there ;) We tried for just a short bit trolling for eyes...probably should have gone out again after dark...oh well. Next time :)

Nice sunset silhouette fish release shot

I think it was just dishwashing....no wait...it WAS a release shot whistling.gif

This is what I logged on for tonight buddy. A great trip report. Love the pizza, the prize, the plane and the place. Think I might know that portage lake now...?

Good show man.

Oh yes...you know the lake ;)

Jolly good show old bean!

Excellent report!

Been waiting for this report since the clues appeared in the 'update status' bar that you were back.

Still find it difficult to fathom how perogie pizza is good.....lol.

As for the fishes....awesome....looked delish!

Flyby visitors always a bonus

and Ninja warriors on the portage make an interesting twist to the tale.

Great stuff JB...good job!

Glad I could oblige....and appreciated the friendly encouragement to get it posted. But seriously. DOOOOD. This perogie pizza is insane! They even give you sour cream for dipping....and after 3 slices the heat really starts to kick in. It takes a backseat to no other pizza! laugh.gif

I read it too bud. Sweet fish and a nice read, you do tend to yak a tad bit ;). Kidding, good read man. I have been wondering about Temagami ever since Musky or Specks mentioned it to me last fall.

Have fun bro

• 1 month later...

I'm just glad I didnt' stick around too long after seeing those pink tongs !!! whistling.gif

Sharing the "tail" didn't look right either.. so I bolted!!! ninja.gif

He *claims* that his wife packed the tongs....

Honest.. it's a chocolate bunny that Leah sent me with so they had some tail to share!

Best airdrop ever! :D That bunny didn't last long thumbsup_anim.gif