What a Weekend !!

Entropy

What a weekend!!

On Friday my wife and I painted the boat lift and 4 sections of dock frame, and put carpet on the bunks of the boat lift. A very productive start to the weekend for sure.

Saturday saw us raking the lawn up and cleaning up the area where I cut and chop fire wood. In all we took about 15 wheel barrow loads off the lawn. My wife painted the garage while I changed the oil in the truck. We fired up the barbecue and enjoyed some chops. Ok, this is where I admit I was I was a little ‘food drunk’ and ready to take a nap. But laziness aside we put our rubbers on and rolled the boat lift in to the lake. I got a soaker and decided that the water wasn’t THAT COLD, so in up to my waist I go. Yes IT got a bit chilly but I was surprised at how tolerable it was. My neighbor showed up and gave me a hand to get the dock in. Latter that night I walked out on the dock with a big flashlight and saw 2 bass, 2 doz. Walleye, and one very large Muskie. I was surprised how many fish were right there! Unfortunately there are none when fishing off the dock in the summer, the water must get too warm. After all that I called it a night.

Sunday we got up to Horseshoe Lake to see if we could perhaps catch one of the 20 year old (last time it was stalked) Lakers. Nothing. This lake is not known for Lake Trout but more for Whitefish. I don’t think I’ll be heading back there anytime soon .... for trout that is, it might be ok for Sm. Bass. It was a beautiful day though. We rounded the evening off with a small fire and a couple of drinks.

A productive and relaxing weekend it was!

Entropy

Oh, I see that dew worms came up last night. You know what I’ll be doing this week.