Waterproofinf a boat

Does anybody have any good tips and tricks on waterproofing a boat, I have a small 14ft alum. and it leaks in a few spots and i have reset the rivets on them last year but its still leaking in the same spots does anybody have any ideas on how i can plug these leaks?????dunno.gif

I have already tried J.B weld and all the epoxy stuff you can buy and they only seem to last the season ( if even that long) I was curious if anybody ever used the stuff you get a canadian tire to coat the inside of a pickup boxe as waterproofing?

Get the spray they sell on TV ! ( I forget the name )

I've seen it in action and IT ROCKS !

My Bud had a cracked canoe ( not the beer ) and bought 2 cans at an As Seen on TV , he used it last fall for hunting, no leaks ... This past long weekend , no leaks ..

It stands up to pressure and shifting and UV rays doesn't " dry out " and crack or peel or freeze... I'm sold...

Randy

:)

I had a similar issue with my boat. I ended up drilling out the problem rivets and replacing them with closed-end rivets. Before setting the rivet in the hole, I coated it in marine grade silicon. Once all the problem rivets were replaced, I sealed all the rivets and seams with Gluvit - it's expensive stuff, but it works! I've had the boat in the water for two seasons and it hasn't leaked at all.