Kap Lake?

DanD

Has anyone here fished or know what Kapikotongwa Lake (Kap Lake), is like for fishing? A friend of mine is heading there for a week through Arctic Watershed Outposts; but I haven’t been able to find any reports on this lake; here or googling? They fly out of Nakina and it’s only something like 40 miles North West of and thought there would be some form of fishing reports, other then what Arctic has to say on their Web site? The pricing is pretty good, just over a grand for a week; but if it’s a hard lake to fish, it could explain why? My friend and his group have never been there and I think its kind of risky just going by what the outfitter has to say. “Oh yea the fishing great; but you should have been there last week”

Dan.

never been to the lake but we looked into it.

I'd bet the fishing will be pretty good. there's lots of water (Kap, Melchett, and Tester), when we were thinking about going there, a group of US guys sent me some info on the lake and they were happy with it and seemed to do pretty well

what I didn't like about the lake, once I drove my truck right into Durer Lk, from there, I could easily pull my boat up a small rapid into Melchett

Solopaddler would likely have some input on this lake

I still think the fishing will be good and they will be happy, there is probably some better choices for the drive distance and price though

check Walleye Central message board, quite abit on there, search Kapikotongwa and Melchett (same system)

Edited by chris.brock

Thanks for the reply.

My friend isn’t much for the internet so I thought I’d ask for him and I’ll pass this along.

I probably should have gone along with him; he seems to have a horseshoe up his butt when it comes to these last minute trips. I asked for pictures this time thou; wanted to see some proof to back his claims. LOL

Dan.

• 4 years later...

just came across this post and thought I would chime in, It is 100% Illegal to access Druer Lake by road, if you get caught you will be charged. the Road is posted at terrier lake and no access is aloud beyond that point.

just came across this post and thought I would chime in, It is 100% Illegal to access Druer Lake by road, if you get caught you will be charged. the Road is posted at terrier lake and no access is aloud beyond that point.

If you took the time to notice, the above post was made in 2012.

On another note, stopping people from accessing crown land is what should be illegal.

I have a hunch I know who you are revr

There is a big sign at Terrier, I ignored it and took my chances, for sure you could be charged if caught up there.

It's crown land but sometimes the MNR will restrict logging roads to protect the outfitters who have fly-in camps in the area.