Thumbs up for Shimano service

Jer

Living near Peterborough can have its advantages...

I dropped off my 12 year old Citica Bantam reel at Shimano on Monday afternoon. It's been kinda noisy on the cast and the drag was getting sticky.

Less than 24 hours later I have my reel back with new drive gear, new pinion gear, new drag washer, new yoke (whatever that is) and they replaced the bushing on the side plate with a bearing.

All for 25 bucks + HST.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but the reel owes me nothing. I was half expecting them to tell me it wasn't worth fixing at all.

You got that right,

There is no company that has customer service like Shimano.

Be up front with them. In all honesty, if a fishing rod is going to break, it will happen within the first dozen times you use it. If a rod breaks 5 years down the road, generally it's got boat rash or beaten up and abused.

As for the reels, it's a good thing they don't have a "cast counter" on them. I think I put well over 2 years of wear and tear on a reel in one season and still don't have any issues.

FYI, I run Sahara's ice fishing, Stradics for bass and walleye, Curados for bass and Muskie along with a Calcutta TE, just to name a few.

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron