Gull Lake

Dan668

Going to a friends cottage, on the long weekend. Its on clear lake, but they told me gull lake is just down the street. Not familiar with this area but from I can see its predominantly a bass/trout lake. I couldn't catch a trout if my life depended on it, would rather fish for walleye/pike. Would my best bet be to drive down to the kawarthas or are their lakes close by to where ill be staying? Not looking for any spots, just a lake reccomendation. I always fish the kawarthas and wouldn't mind trying a new place out.

Thanks

Gull has lakers, whitefish and bass in it. Typical deep shield lake, has pretty good smallmouth fishing, but it won't be open at that time. You might get a laker if you slow troll the shoreline with a lot of line out.

I've got a cottage on Gull. You could try it for lakers, I caught 1 today. Surface temp was 55-60, the fish I caught was 80 feet down, verticle jigging.

I'd try Clear where your buddies cottage is, for splake, they stock alot of them in there for the size of the lake. Try to mark some fish on your sonar, look 40 to 90 feet of water and verticle jig for them. There's also alot of ciscos in Clear.

Driving for walleye- Kash (north), Balsam or Head (Kawarthas) are all pretty tough fishing if you don't know the lake.

Driving for walleye- Kash (north), Balsam or Head (Kawarthas) are all pretty tough fishing if you don't know the lake.

Just east of Kashagawigamog, there is Barnum, Black and Loon for walleye. Loon is a tough one too, no personal experience with

Barnum and Black but the stocking numbers for the last 8 years look encouraging for their small size.

Thanks for the info. I'll be bringing my lund w/115. I noticed some of those smaller lakes have restrictions. I think I may just trek back down to the kawarthas because I'm familiar with them. I'm up their for 3 days. Might just try my luck jigging on gull or clear the second day.

If it's walleyes you want most of the lakes on the Burnt River System in Haliburton have walleye in them, pike you are out of luck in Haliburton :clapping:

That Gull Lake is on Hwy 35

You can find pike in the Minden area now.

Edited by jimmer