Kamaniskeg advice

Hi there,

Heading up to Kamaniskeg lake this year for my annual trip with the kids. We are going to camp this year at Chippawa resort. The plan is to rent a boat from the resort and then hunt up some fish! I have never been to the lake before let alone fished it. It looks good from what I can find and the price fit my budget this year. I am primarily a pike hunter but the kids really want ot get in to some bass this year and I have been told that the big lake as well as the smaller Green Lake both have some smallies. We will not likely be able to access the whole lake because of boat and motor size but would like to explore as much of the southern half as possible. Does any one know where I can find a topo map of the lake? Any hotspots to try? Depth? Lures? Bait?

We are heading up Aug 20-23.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Since your staying at Chipawa just head down the river out front to Conroy's marsh. You can play around there even when the wind is blowing and get into lots of panfish and largies. The marsh has canals cut all through it and its easy navigating, just keep your directions about you or you can get turned around in there quite easy. Pm me if you want some smallie spots. Lots of big fatties in there and the lake is absolutely beautiful.

• 2 months later...

Can't give too much advice, as I've only fished it once, while on my buddys Bach. party get away. and was just casting out from the swimmers raft that the rented cottage offered. But I can tell u this, I caught the biggest pike of my life there just burning back a black and red in line spinner bait. (the thing was over 40" :thumbsup_anim:) - oh and a fair size (2-3lb) largie too.