Lake St. Clair Cottage resort

Rizzo

Are there any cottage resorts on L St. Clair with a sandy beach for the kids? We are thinking of heading that way for a week, but have never been out there. Have no idea if the shoreline is "child-friendly" like parts of L Erie would be. Camping is not an option. Hoping to go with another family, so resort would be better than private cottage...unless its a BIG cottage. Any input would be much appreciated.

There are some cottages in Mitchell's Bay, but never stayed at any of the places myself.

The only area of st.clair that i know of that has any sort of beach is belleriver. Dont know if there is weekly rentals there or not. Mitchells bay is the best bet for cottages but no beaches.There is some nice sand bars not to far from the launch that all the boats hang out at.

Thanks for the info/links...I looked into all of them. Turns out there isn't much out that way right on a beach. We did find a private place near Belle River, but same thing, not directly on a beach (there are 8 little kids involved here, wives aren't thrilled about popping them in the car, packing everything up etc). Sounds like St Clair is a good spot for me and the buddy, but not as good for the wives/kids.

Thanks for the info/links...I looked into all of them. Turns out there isn't much out that way right on a beach. We did find a private place near Belle River, but same thing, not directly on a beach (there are 8 little kids involved here, wives aren't thrilled about popping them in the car, packing everything up etc). Sounds like St Clair is a good spot for me and the buddy, but not as good for the wives/kids.

I can vouch for Sauble Beach with a passion. Took my kids there all of the time. The beach is amazing, Sauble Falls Provincial Park is nearby.

I used to rent the golden eagle motel on the main strip (4 families with kids) the motel was at the back. lots of play area BBQ. . . Fire pit . . .

Really lots to do for the kids go carts batting cages and to boot fishing on the Sauble River.

Now that they have kids they want to go back!

Are there any cottage resorts on L St. Clair with a sandy beach for the kids? We are thinking of heading that way for a week, but have never been out there. Have no idea if the shoreline is "child-friendly" like parts of L Erie would be. Camping is not an option. Hoping to go with another family, so resort would be better than private cottage...unless its a BIG cottage. Any input would be much appreciated.

been to sherston shores a couple times(friends rented the place) absolutely awesome cant go wrong

http://www.sherkston.com/

• 9 months later...

anybody have any spots (cottage/cabin) they can recommend for a musky trip to LSC?

doesnt need to be family friendly as this will be strictly fishing. waterfront with a dock is key

Bass Haven in Mitchells bay...... 519-354-4242

Waterway camp..... www.waterwaycamp.com ... 519-352-3085