Carp update

dsn

Well I was back out there today from 8am. Saw some feeders around but they never stayed long. Grabbed a mouth full of food and left. Been doing that all day til 10:20am. A carp decided he couldn't hold it anymore. Trumpet sounded by two jumps maybe three. And they all got together for a meeting. The show was over on my part.

:( Thiers just begun. :thumbsup_anim:

picture2035.jpg

dsn

Ah h h h . . . . . watta beautiful sight!! After readin' your, and Nauti's carping adventures I went out and bought new batteries for my buzzers, gonna tie up the lines on my reels tonight . . . . . gotta drag what groundbait I have left outta storage . . . . I just put the trout rods away . . . . I want some REAL fish.

But . . . . headin' for Beaverton EARLY tomorrow, the suckers should in in . . . . these guys are a lotta fun on light rods & line . . . . a 5 pound sucker can really move it . . . very good scrappers!! Hopefully Harry's in Keswick is open at 05:00 . . . . the only place I know up that way with squirms opened that early! Then . . . . . CARP HO O O O O O until August!!

Good luck with them suckers Steve ! I'm gonna be out there for sure once I'm done exams on the 28th .

Here's Harry's contact info in case you wanna call him to make sure he's open .

Harry's Riverside Sports & Bait

233 The Queensway S

Keswick, ON L4P 2A8

(905) 476-0441

I think we need a good rain. Cause not many are around as of yet. The smell of fresh rain should stir them up more.

dsn

I can't wait to hit the island. The carp there are more plentiful and fatter and bigger!! But the water temps are warmer in the city than the island last time I checked.

Well at least you can see them keep feeding them and you should be able to nail a few for sure,thanks for sharing ...oh and yesterday i was at the pickering nuke plant on lake ontario in my boat and i seen about 500 carp,no lie...there was tons of them all over but they were so spooky,couldnt get even 50ft from them,as the water was crystal clear...and i was looking for pike,and trout so i should have fished for them at least i would have caught one...lol...i love getting a huge 20lbr on as they fight big time.....good luck on those carp when they come back to eat be there waiting for them....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I was out looking for crappie on the bay today and went into this one big back bay and it was just loaded with carp.Had to number in the thousands.We switched over to a hook and a worm (had no corn) no takers but sure was fun to see.There were some monsters in there.

Just got back home after putting in 12 hours of carping in a local swim. Saw at least a dozen carp cruising around, but they were not in the mood. One did decide to bite late in the evening, thankfully saving me from getting skunked. It was heavenly music to hear the bite alarm going off and the drag screaming after so many months. It's only going to get better from now on.

Edited by Golfisher

Fishing PIKE in Division 8? Isn't season closed for 2 or more weeks yet? OUCH!

Yep closed for two more weeks. Good thing too, saw sooo many damaged from the spawn they need to recoperate.

Edited by dsn