Little girl needs financial help. (update)

DT10Sam

I would like to thank everyone that has donated to Lauren's cause. We have raised just over 2200.00 and I hope that somehow in all of this that the family will be able to take Lauren to Disney World to enjoy some quality time. Lauren's family was informed that Lauren has 6-12 months left and that this cancer is terminal. The treatments are to extend some time for Lauren.

Again thank you to all that assisted, I certainly appreciate it and I know that Lauren's family does as well.

Kind regards,

Sam

Oh no. That's not the update that I was hoping for Sam. All I can hope for at this point is that she gets her trip to Disney World. And thank you Sam for your efforts. I don't know what else to say.... :(

They told us our son had 9-18 months 3 years ago we have been sent to Florida twice. The cancer even came back last year and currently (touch wood) he is doing fine they really don't know. I think it is up to the kid more than what the doctors give for prognosis some go in much less time than what they say some don't go at all there is always hope it is all we have to hang on to.

We are sending Lauren some money this week since so many have helped us and I have been in contact with her father he seems like a really nice guy. I wish her and them the best I know what we deal with on a daily basis so I can only imagine how they feel. Their story is much too similar too ours ( I have said this quite a few times now).

Once again thanks to the posters helping and to all who respond.

Dylan

Dylan, thank you so much for your post, it does show that there is some hope even when things look the bleakest. I an sure your support both financially and moraly will mean a lot to Lauren and her family!

Sam, thanks for the update, might not have beem the words I would have liked to hear but it does mean that I have six months to a year to have a prayer answered. I'll keep trying as long as she does!

I do apologize for the update that does not seem fair in this world. Both Laurie and I have discussed this with our son and both Laurie and I can not seem to get by without having our eyes gather some condensation. We are praying that things will turn around and give Lauren the miracle that she desperately needs.

It seems odd that I worked for years at Millhaven Penitentiary and many times I have been placed in situations that I can determine the outcome of an individual's life looking through rifle sights and many times I wished that I had the power of simply making an exchange of life with some undesireable behind bars with someone as young as Lauren.

I guess that is what God is for and I hope he hears my prayers.

Kind regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

Wow...I dont even know what to say....

Mr Dylan...thanks for that ray of hope....

In the spirit of what Speedtroll's son is also going through...I will share the sentiment that many on this board are already participating in with our signatures.....

BELIEVE