Marian Hossa leaves ice on stretcher

woodenboater

I love those assumptions. I'd have to ask you the same question then. have you??

if you cant make a stop (i dont care how fast your goin) or change directions in less than a second you may be playin, but you aint palyin well...

men's league dont count bud

Lol I'm aware of that. But when ur commited to making a hit and ur already at that point, stopping isn't in ur mind. Especially if u wanna see the ice again!

Cause no coach is gonna say " way to hold up on that chance for a hit" u'll be benched.

In this case, I see the irony that he would still see the ice had he stopped, but as I previously mentioned, the only thing that made that hit illegal, was him leaving his feel. If he keeps his skates on the ice and delivers the same check, there's no suspension, and he's gonna be on tsn hilights for the right reason.

and that's the problem with Torres. He could have chosen to stay on the ice and deliver a different hit but no, he had to launch himself and thusly rendering total loss of control of where his mass is going. Stay on the ice and maintain control. He could just as easily have moved left and still given Hossa a hard hello. Torre's a loose canon that needs to be declawed.

Ok, I've watched the video a couple of times and I do believe Hossa was headed for the bench. You can see another player start to climb over when Hossa gets hammered.

Edited by woodenboater

Lol I'm aware of that. But when ur commited to making a hit and ur already at that point, stopping isn't in ur mind. Especially if u wanna see the ice again!

Cause no coach is gonna say " way to hold up on that chance for a hit" u'll be benched.

Dually noted, Sir

There was 0.8 seconds between the time he lost the puck and got hit. Good luck changing ur mind on hitting someone that quick, the game on the ice happens a lot faster then u see on tv. That timeline is acceptable to finish a check, wasn't a late hit. He left his feet, making it illegal. If he stayed on the ice, its a good hard clean hit. Torres is no saint, and for that reason, he's gonna get nailed. Hossa wasn't turning to the bench, so I don't know where that came from, from whoever mentioned that.

And the difference between scott stevens and a lot of the hits we see now, was all of stevens hits were good clean hockey hits, that due to the force and the position of the other player, sometimes have devestating results.

See>>> Eric lindross, when u skate with ur head down, ur gonna get drilled.

I realize the game happens quickly obviously he couldn't bail on the hit but by leaving his feet he made sure he was going to destroy him. The game is changing what was not seen as serious in the past is no longer the case.

and that's the problem with Torres. He could have chosen to stay on the ice and deliver a different hit but no, he had to launch himself and thusly rendering total loss of control of where his mass is going. Stay on the ice and maintain control. He could just as easily have moved left and still given Hossa a hard hello. Torre's a loose canon that needs to be declawed.

Ok, I've watched the video a couple of times and I do believe Hossa was headed for the bench. You can see another player start to climb over when Hossa gets hammered.

Man oh man, I wasn't even aware of the other suspensions he has received outside of last years playoffs.

I'm not surprised now, that so much attention is surrounding him.

He needs a reality check of his own.

The best way to stop guys like Torres is to ban him from hockey for a year or two. Losing all that income, the message will get through. Might be severe, but how many guys have to get hurt by him and others like him. Cooke on Pittsburg is an example. His career was being threatened because of his on ice behaviour. He changed his ways this year and made a positive contribution to the team. Don't get me wrong, I love hard hitting hockey, just not the cheap head shots.

Agreed, the rest of the playoffs and 50 games next year, that would send a message

They said on the radio 15 games next season would cost him 570k... OUCH!!! thats alot of years on my salary. I really don't know what is appropriate for this suspension. but I would think less than 10 games is really a slap on the wrist. I mean he really went in hard to hit him and left his feet in the process. This in itself is a charge and an illegal hit. and as such he should be suspended. Late hit, Not a late hit, Finishing his check or dirty hit. It doesn't matter to me. It was a charge and attempt to injure plain ans simple. I guarante you if he hits hossa and doesn't give the extra oompf and leaves his feet, adn hossa doesn't get carried away in a stretcher this play goes unnoticed.

I fully understand the need to take precautions, but I wonder if the stretcher wasn't just a little bit for show.

I know a guy that plays for the hawks, I'll forward your question on to him along with your address and he will let you know. :) haha

No I don't think it was for show, He got corked pretty good. They really need to be careful. If you don't get up, your going off on a stretcher.

u've clearly never played hockey before....

Clearly don't understand simple math.

At the speed the game is played at now skaters can travel over 30 feet per second (based on 40 kph). NHL players, even "unskilled" ones, can make a lot of moves in 30 feet.

Raffy knew exactly what he was doing and chose to do it anyway.

Clearly don't understand simple math.

At the speed the game is played at now skaters can travel over 30 feet per second (based on 40 kph). NHL players, even "unskilled" ones, can make a lot of moves in 30 feet.

Raffy knew exactly what he was doing and chose to do it anyway.

Yup, right there!

I'm not a first responder nor have any formal training at all (wife had wilderness first responder training but that's neither here nor there) and I believe the stretcher is protocol for possible neck and spinal injuries. Isolate the head to avoid any possible problems, most accidents I've seen the person injured is put in a collar and a strap or tape put around their forehead and secured to the litter. If there's a member here in emergency response, they would know for sure.

I hope the players look at what's going on and decide that enough is enough and that pucks in the net win games, not brutal hits.

I'm not a first responder nor have any formal training at all (wife had wilderness first responder training but that's neither here nor there) and I believe the stretcher is protocol for possible neck and spinal injuries. Isolate the head to avoid any possible problems, most accidents I've seen the person injured is put in a collar and a strap or tape put around their forehead and secured to the litter. If there's a member here in emergency response, they would know for sure.

I hope the players look at what's going on and decide that enough is enough and that pucks in the net win games, not brutal hits.

Yep, thats just protocol.