looking for an ice (or ice out) condition report NW Ontario

chris.brock

We have a chance to move our fly-in trip, out of Nakina, to the opening weekend. On my satelite photo site, I can see Long Lac is open, Nagagami, Esnagi etc are open. I would appreciate if anyone can report from a little further north. I know there was some snow up there lately.

thanks

Chris

Take the opening week Chris, you'll be good to go.

Speaking of which where are you going this year?

thanks guys with the info

Solo, we were going with AMS June 18th to Caviar, just down from Teabeau on the Albany, Nancy seemed pretty doubtful that there would be enough water to get the plane into camp, soooo

we are looking at Kaganagami (Kag) with AWO, the reason being, we like to try different lakes, we would probably get to this one at some point, it would be good now because being the opening week, most camps and Leuenbergers Lodge will be vacant, the river could be hot in the early season, brookies and lakers are a bonus, and it's huge, if the wind is light there's tons of water to explore

any info on Kag Solo?

a Nakina local once told me Kag is best in the early season with the clear, deep water, summer can make the walleye a little harder to find

This will be my 28th consecutive walleye opener in NW Ontario. Never have given weather a second thought. Have been delayed 28 hours one year due to a heavy snow and delayed several hours one year to get a wind shift to clear ice for a float plane landing. Don't pass it up. Book the same time slot for 2013.

Take a look at going in a week early to pike fish. Stay two weeks. It works. Every time.