Tagged laker

Sinker

Ok, so early this week I was fishing lakers in the haliburton area and caught one with a tag in it. I recorded the length/girth, the tag number, and released it. The phone number on the tag was worn off, so I don't have the number to call.

I've emailed a few places now, and nobody seems to want to get back to me, so I'm hoping someone here knows that number, so I can call.

I'd love to know when this fish was tagged, and how much its grown in that time. This lake is not stocked, and it has the natural strain of algonquin lakers in it.

Any ideas?

Here's a pic of the fish. You can just see the tag by the dorsal fin. It was covered in green slime/algae, and very hard to read the numbers. The fish is still out there, tag and all.

IMG_2336.jpg

S.

Over the winter I used the general email submission on the MNR website to report a tagged fish (I identified the species, length, tag #, lake & county in the message) and it was forwarded to the appropriate regional office as I got a follow-up directly from a staff biologist who asked further details.

i have caught 2 tagged fish and both were walleyes in the ottawa river,i just called the local MNR for that area and told them and they took all the info and within a few weeks i got a letter confirming that it was reported and i got the info on the fish how old it was and the area it was released it was great !! i might still have the one letter at home ??