Lake Ontario Public Information Sessions

John Bacon

The MNR will be presenting an information session on the state of Lake Ontario fisheries in Oshawa this Wed April 18 at the Oshawa Arts Centre 45 Queen St in Oshawa . Starts at 6:30pm.

There is also on in Belleville on Tuesday April 17 at Belleville Fish & Game club 170 Elmwood Drive also starting at 6:30pm.

For those who wanted a 2 fish lake limit for steelhead now is the time to show your support, I talked to Marc Desjardine who is the chair of the Zone 20 council, and there was strong support for the 2 fish limit, although he was somewhat dumbfounded at the lack of response from the steelhead community who are generally very passionate about their sport, there was just over 100 responses and only 2 were against it. Which is rather dismal as that many steelheaders could be on any of the creeks during the weekend.

New reg changes to the muskie fishery and Bass fishery will also be on the ajenda, but was previously mentioned in another thread.

Yep, fisherman whine and cry the blues on the internet, but when it comes down to actually doing something, nobody shows up. Same thing with the kawartha lakes reg changes a couple years ago. I went to the meeting expecting a full house, but there was maybe 30 people there.

Get off your :asshat: and go to the meetings if you want something done. That is what these meetings are for. The more input the get from fisherman, the better!!!

S.

For those who wanted a 2 fish lake limit for steelhead now is the time to show your support, I talked to Marc Desjardine who is the chair of the Zone 20 council, and there was strong support for the 2 fish limit, although he was somewhat dumbfounded at the lack of response from the steelhead community who are generally very passionate about their sport, there was just over 100 responses and only 2 were against it. Which is rather dismal as that many steelheaders could be on any of the creeks during the weekend.

New reg changes to the muskie fishery and Bass fishery will also be on the ajenda, but was previously mentioned in another thread.

100 responses is great is it not.... think that is very high... for something like this ?????

Sinker has nailed it bang on, there has been lots of discussion and whining about the 2 fish steelhead lake limit on this board and others, now is the time to show and and voice your opinion, I will be leaving Peterborough at 5:00pm, and I hope to see as much support at the meeting tonight, as weve seen on the discussion boards, also there is strong support, and scientific data for increased angling opportunities for Bass in Zone 20, and also increasing the size limit for Muskellunge in Zone 20 to 54 inches from 48 inches, which includes the St. Lawrence River to Quebec in the east, to the Niagara River in the west, to help protect remaining trophy muskie stocks that were devistated a few years back from VHS on the Larry.

Sinker has nailed it bang on, there has been lots of discussion and whining about the 2 fish steelhead lake limit on this board and others, now is the time to show and and voice your opinion, I will be leaving Peterborough at 5:00pm, and I hope to see as much support at the meeting tonight, as weve seen on the discussion boards, also there is strong support, and scientific data for increased angling opportunities for Bass in Zone 20, and also increasing the size limit for Muskellunge in Zone 20 to 54 inches from 48 inches, which includes the St. Lawrence River to Quebec in the east, to the Niagara River in the west, to help protect remaining trophy muskie stocks that were devistated a few years back from VHS on the Larry.

see you there