Jumbo's! (pic's)

Court R

I don't think you will find deep perch this time of year...they are up shallow for the spawn.We have been catching them on Simcoe for almost a month now in under 10 FOW...lotsa quality fish like in the picture from shore too. I don't fish Erie so I could be way out of line. But I can't see the pattern being that different.

i guess i'm the only one that doesn't like seeing females sitting on a counter top that are so full of eggs they're about to explode. the catching was obviously good, why not release the big spawners and stick to keeping eaters? there's a reason jumbo's are getting harder and harder to find...

that said, nice haul :thumbsup_anim:

Two reasons I wouldn't release these Lake Erie Jumbo's......

1) they are coming from deep water and survival rate is not very good good....

2) if released and they do survive, chances are they could be caught by the commercial fishermen, using gill nets.

Was out there today, 2 guys, and limited out 64FTW in-front of Sherkston. Move till you find them. We launched at Crystal Beach

Gotcha......was planning for this weekend but it don't look good weather wise.....I usually launch right across from you off the Catt....Sturgeon Point is close right now from what I hear (dredging)....

When I was younger I use to launch a couple time a week at Crystal Beach and fish the sail boats for smallies.....I heard they charge at that launch now..... :dunno:

Gotcha......was planning for this weekend but it don't look good weather wise.....I usually launch right across from you off the Catt....Sturgeon Point is close right now from what I hear (dredging)....

When I was younger I use to launch a couple time a week at Crystal Beach and fish the sail boats for smallies.....I heard they charge at that launch now..... :dunno:

Your right Bob,I read the sign yesterday, Starting May 1st till Sept. $5.00 to launch. It's free right now. Crystal beach has a great launch with paved parking lot and excellent docks.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Your right Bob,I read the sign yesterday, Starting May 1st till Sept. $5.00 to launch. It's free right now. Crystal beach has a great launch with paved parking lot and excellent docks.

Back in the late 70's and early 80's it was just a small concrete launch on the east side with a almost all stone launch on the south side while the parking lot was all rocks and stone....no docks anywhere....but I was OK with that as the price was right (FREE) and it kept out most of the boaters from using it...

My bother in-law still goes there once in a while....if I remember correctly he said it has a gate or something that you must pre-pay to use the launch or you could get a ticket....but if it's only $5, then that's a steal as we are paying $7 - $9 per launch here....and believe me...that bothers the heck out of me...those launches should be FREE...