Antique rod

vinnimon

I beleive ive asked this once before , and I am asking asking to refresh my mind as to what brand and time frame this rod and reel is from. Something tells me its a shakespear trolling rod from around the 1950s or so. Ive been browsing the net and havent seen any like it so far, perhaps I wasnt on the right pages.

Any info about it would greatly be apreciated, thanks in advance.

iphone pics april 2012 010 (239x320).jpg

I beleive ive asked this once before , and I am asking asking to refresh my mind as to what brand and time frame this rod and reel is from. Something tells me its a shakespear trolling rod from around the 1950s or so. Ive been browsing the net and havent seen any like it so far, perhaps I wasnt on the right pages. Any info about it would greatly be apreciated, thanks in advance.

nothing special at all from late 50's to early 60's very very common it is a down rigger/trolling rod I have 14 of the exact same ones from my wifes grandfather from trolloing on lake O they are worth at best $10 a peice or if you can find someone that thinks it's old and worth something you might get $20

there are some on kijiji

http://northbay.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-other-Old-Trolling-Rods-W0QQAdIdZ363225264

Edited by skeeter99

Hard to tell from the small pictures but best guess is it appears to be an old trolling rod (not downrigging) for copper/steel line designed to drag gang trolls (Christmas trees, Cow Bells) for Lake Trout.

Very common and easy to find at most flea markets.

Hard to tell from the small pictures but best guess is it appears to be an old trolling rod (not downrigging) for copper/steel line designed to drag gang trolls (Christmas trees, Cow Bells) for Lake Trout.

Very common and easy to find at most flea markets.

Yep, old school and quite common to see at flea markets.

Looks like and old-school ice fishing rod to me ... how long is it ?

That was my first though too... looks similar to this one

DSC07428.jpg

I have 2 of them and use them for ice fishing... it's 20 years old and still kicking :D