NF Gas War Starts May 1st 2012 Pass It On

Roe Bag

I filled up at $149.9 to visit my Joey in Richmond Hill. Let it go to $3.00. :)

That's it, your on ModQ :D Hope to see you at Chris's, Roy. If I can't, Chris will explain. Take care bud, catch the big one. I mite be near you guys Sat.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Perhaps! But how many gas stations do you think they want to see sitting idle because people are avoiding them???????

The stations wil not sit idle though, we all have an amount of gas we all have to buy every week no matter what. As people sit in line ups for 45 minutes at a discount station to save 5 or 6 cents a liter many of us will just pay at the other station to get in and out. An extra 5 cents on a 60 liter fill up for me is $3.00 and my time is worth more to me than that. Plus as the demand at the discount station increases so will their price til it reaches the level of the other guys. The demand remains the same until we actually take cars off the road which isn't going to happen and seeing how they supply the discount stations to their gas is still moving.

:wallbash: Didn't see this thread and started another one. Sorry OP.

I think it would work but as soon as the price drops on the banned companies, the crowd would lose they're resolve and move back to the PetroCanada or ESSO. If you could get people to stay away from these two for even a week, the prices would change.

There WAS a shortage of refining but that isn't why the price is up currently. This is out and out gouging. They couldn't get it out of us in home heating after the mild winter so they're hell bent they'll make it up in vehicle fuel.

I say let's give it a try.

Dan O.

After realizing that I got better mileage with shell midgrade over crappy tire premium last year I only use shell mid grade and premium fuel.I won't waste my time filling up at a station you can smell the ethanol ie sunoco,petrocan,ultramar.Yes I know shell has it too but not nearly as bad as the others and the premium is ethanol free.

Kerry

Here's a real hairbrained idea that would demand attention. Biggest problem is that it would never come together.

The entire country unites and everybody in industry, retail, construction, trades, services all of us except for those who are in emergency services does not buy anything at all, all stay home emptying the roads and highways by calling a 2 or 3 day strike. Nothing happens, nothing moves, no stores are open, not one restaurant fries a burger, no money changes hands. It would definately get the point across.

I don't think that 2 days of missed pay will bankrupt most people, it may pinch you but it won't kill you and the politicians as well as industry leaders will have to wake up it and will hurt them more than the us.

Told you it was a wild and crazy idea. And all we have to do is make one call and complain we can't work because we're all sick in bed with "Gas Pains!" :rofl2: