Camping trip suggestions

fishhatemybait

Hi There,

I was thinking that I might try to switch it up this year when planning our fishing trip. Myself and 2 kids (11 and 13) have usually gone to a fishing camp and rented a cottage and boat for a few days. This year, due to costs, I am considering camping instead of a cottage. The place would need the following: reasonable boat rental, washrooms (no thunderclosets!), be within 8 hours of Hamilton, and also not too small as I have one kids worried about bears. We like to fish for Pike and Bass first but a few walleye for a fish fry would be great.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to all

Chris

Could do Temagami. Finlayson PPark. Campsite #11 right across from my dock. There's a path to the comfort station from it and it's out on the point beside the water so you can fish right off your campsite and swim! (shallow on one side.. 30 feet deep on the other)... also out of the path of any roaming bears. Neighbour right off the point LEGALLY rents boats, completely insured.

The site doesn't have power, but it is the campground favourite as we see the same people on it weekly every year. If you want it.. better get it booked as soon as the reservation system opens.

Note... you get a daily (except Wednesday) 8am wake up call! Darren takes off in the Beaver but I love that alarm clock!! :worthy:

Irishfield's recommendation is a good one, check it out, Marten River Prov. Park a little south of Temagami is another option, if the park doesn't rent small boats and motors, I'm sure one of the lodges nearby would help you out, big enough and busy enough campground ground that it will feel like bears aren't a worry