Bunk Adjustment Help

Hey guys, picked up a newer trailer that will better suit my alm. boat. My question is the bunks as they are will make the boat sit up on its ribs(strakes) the inner ribs are 36inches apart....Do i want the bunks inside or outside the ribs?

Boat road on my lil old trailer with them on inside.new trailer plenty wide enough to move them out...what to do?

2006 princecraft starfish 16'

2010 15-18 easy hauler bunk trailer

thanks

Hey guys, picked up a newer trailer that will better suit my alm. boat. My question is the bunks as they are will make the boat sit up on its ribs(strakes) the inner ribs are 36inches apart....Do i want the bunks inside or outside the ribs?

Boat road on my lil old trailer with them on inside.new trailer plenty wide enough to move them out...what to do?

2006 princecraft starfish 16'

2010 15-18 easy hauler bunk trailer

thanks

I have a 1996 16' Starfish, factory trailer and the bunks are 29" apart and sit between the outer and inner keel. (5 Keels)

I have a 1996 16' Starfish, factory trailer and the bunks are 29" apart and sit between the outer and inner keel. (5 Keels)

thanks newer models have 73inch beam, is the weight of boat better supported in the centre or down each outer side.

I'll try and take pics

thanks

as you move them out the boat sits lower, move them out so they are off the chines, and get the boat as low as you can so it sits just above the fenders.

i wouldnt be too concerned with inside/outside factor, unless they are extreme to the outside. the boat will center itself better during loading if they are on the inside but not a nig concern either.

id concentrate more on the "fit" and height the boat sits at, and make sure its not hitting the chines..

good luck

thanks newer models have 73inch beam, is the weight of boat better supported in the centre or down each outer side.

I'll try and take pics

thanks

I have a Princecraft and last year installed new trailer bunks. The wider apart the bunks are, the better support you'll have for your boat. There's probably more info here than you'll need but this site should help you with most of your questions. Read all 5 steps, some don't apply to your specific question but it's still an interesting read. Good luck.

http://www.shorelandr.com/pages/pf_trstep1.htm

I have a Princecraft and last year installed new trailer bunks. The wider apart the bunks are, the better support you'll have for your boat. There's probably more info here than you'll need but this site should help you with most of your questions. Read all 5 steps, some don't apply to your specific question but it's still an interesting read. Good luck.

http://www.shoreland.../pf_trstep1.htm

Good stuff indeed Roy , mine is set up like in step two which is more to the out side edges . With the right amount of trailer in the water each time , it guides its self in to the bunks perfectly each time when loading .

How do you keep them out of the rain? and the puddles?

That's very tricky....you have to tow only on very dry days. It if starts to rain on the way to the lake you must pull over and cover them up and wait it out....this is why I don't catch as many fish as you guys.... :rofl2: