Miskwabi or Kenisis?

mirogak

Hi guys,

This fishing business just has no end.

First it was just trying it with my brother in the Rouge river. Fell in love with it. Even bought a house right next to the river. Then it was a canoe, then a bow rider, then a kayak, then fly fishing, and NOW, thinking about buying a property up north. Can't afford a cottage, so thinking of a lot. Found a couple on a couple of good lakes, or so I think.

What would you recommend between Kenisis and Miskwabi? Mind you, I am also obssesed with brookies. I think u will say Kenisis.

Thx

Miro

Hi guys,

This fishing business just has no end.

First it was just trying it with my brother in the Rouge river. Fell in love with it. Even bought a house right next to the river. Then it was a canoe, then a bow rider, then a kayak, then fly fishing, and NOW, thinking about buying a property up north. Can't afford a cottage, so thinking of a lot. Found a couple on a couple of good lakes, or so I think.

What would you recommend between Kenisis and Miskwabi? Mind you, I am also obssesed with brookies. I think u will say Kenisis.

Thx

Miro

If you are into brookies, save a wack of cash and get non lakeshore property. Spent a lot of years in Haliburton, all the good brookie water are no cottage lakes, get a tinny and a canoe , 4 wheel drive and your all set.

Edit: I would look at the area north of Kawagama before Kenisis or Miskwabi.

Edited by dave524

Thanks. Of course Kawagama and area. The closer to the park the better. The reason I want a shore property is to turn it into a cottage at some point in the future. Until then it will serve as my base camp for precisely what you recommended.

I have a cottage on Kennisis and love it, but its not a brook trout lake. 125,000 brookies were stocked over a 5 year period and I've caught 2 and saw or saw caught another half dozen. It's still possible to catch one but the stocking was put and take not the start of a sustainable reproducing fishery. There are some brook trout lakes close by in the former Frost Centre crown land and in the Haliburton Forerst for an entrance fee. I was up this weekend and didnt go out on the ice, the ice is away from the shoreline in front of the cottage and water more than knee deep to get up on the ice. Kawagama area interests me but its probably a 2 hour drive back to hwy 35 and up. As the crow flies its not that far. If you need some specifics send me a PM.

as others say.. neither are speck lakes.... Kenesis is a bit more $ with lots of more cottages and lots of super high end ones

And so I hear ... I did find a lot there somewhat reasonable given the other prices ... but I am not sure if it is suitable for a future building. But given its proximity to some brookie fishing, it just might be worth it. I think I should drive up there and see it up close. Thanks for the comments.

Miro