minnkota endura 30 lb

knightfisher

I've had this endura for about five years and it has served me well. Notice I don't get the power I use to. Changed batteries and still not preforming like it use to.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the life of these motors are, or if there is something I can do to improve the preformance.

Thanks,

Dan

I had a Minn Kota 15 (9 lbs of thrust) for close to 30 years. When I sold it 2 years ago, it was as strong as the day I bought it. I could get about 10 km/h in high when I used it on my canoe.

However, 3 years ago I got a 36 lb thrust bowmount made in 1999. It worked a couple of minutes and slowly came to a stop. I just took it apart today and the inner bearing is damaged. The shaft has not been damaged though.

Anyway, taking the motor apart only takes about 2 minutes. You may just need new brushes and bearing (bearings?)

There is a site on the internet where you can ask a pro questions about these kinds of things but it costs too much for the info.

You might check and clean all power contact points of the lines, clamps/connector as well as threaded connectors from batt-up, including any crimped ends. I Just purchased a new MInn Kota Endura C-2-50 for the unheard of price 189.00. Includes Manufacture rebate $50.00 and a free 5 amp logic controlled 5amp MK Charger. Lebarons. I believe the sales ends, the end of the month (March).