Our last ice crappie fishing trip for March 2012

CRAPPIE

Our last ice fishing trip for March 2012 ended yesterday and the result is promising.

Ice getting thinner and thinner and my personal advise is DO NOT GO OUT any more.

Anglers get stranded on Lake Simcoe last week were so lucky everyone can still ice fishing in the coming future since no life was lost. One angle tried to jump the crack with his ATV but not succeed and ended up with injury of his head and need lots of stitches on his injured area. We arrived to our fishing spot(30 minutes away from Lake Simcoe) on last Friday too but decided not to go out because of the gusting wind blowing like crazy. I am glad that my decision was right so we did not get hurt and did not lose any gears. One of the angler from the other area has to jump to his ATV before the ice broken off and he made it back to shore but he lost all his fishing gear-New Flasher, Flip-over Hut and all his rod and takle box but he is happy that at least he still has his ATV which is the most expensive tool for his future ice fishing trip.

Anyway, hope everyone will have a good fishing season coming for the Spring and Summer.

Edited by CRAPPIE