Old School brought back to life

mercman

Thank you for sharing those little blasts from the past. They sure bring back memories. I have an old glass rod from my childhood that I resurrect once a year and use for memories sake. I hope, this year, to take my Grampa's old Luxor off the shelf for a day of fishin. Just have to respool it with some good old dacron first.

NICE looking reel Paul....I have a similar one I purchased in the mid 70's....when I get my boat back I'll have to check on the model #....it's green, not red and it doesn't have a traditional star drag but you rather let go of the handle and then drag then works.....caught a lot of nice pike on it years ago in Nipissing....when I get my boat back I check in the garage attic where I store all my fishing "stuff".... :rolleyes:

I also had one of those old yellow Eagle Claw rods, but my was also a spinning model....that might also be up in the garage attic.....

Sounds like a 5000D.

Yes 5000's are red, the C series was black and the D series was green. I bought 3 5000's (red) in the late 60's. They came with a nice leather pouch. I gave one to a Native guy on Kabinakagami who helped me out of a bad jam. My son Jeff has another one that he keeps mint. And I have one left. They're good solid reels.

Well go check ya silly redneck !!!! If Ohio made an effort to post, then dig it out and confirm its a Dwhistling.gif

You know how those Ohio Guys are....always wanting to tilt the election in their favor.....LOL....later....have big Fire Hall meeting soon.....but remind me....me forgets.....now what are we talking about....the weather... :dunno: