Blue Fox Hooks

I cut off the factory hooks, then add a small split ring (size #0 or #1) and better hooks on Panther Martins, I'm sure you could do the same thing on the Foxies thumbsup_anim.gif

I had a hard time finding small split rings at local tackle shops when I looked, but you can certainly order them in-store or online.

You need to cut them off, loop on the single hook then squeeze the eye of the hook shut.

BM,

My first response to this was "You gotta be kiddin'". Then I looked at a Blue F and noticed the gap in the eye of the single hook and realized that you're quite right. I just think it's a wee bit odd that the Foxes come with a single replacement hook whereas other lures that have a split ring, making it easy to change hooks, don't come with a spare hook.

Anyway, thx BM and others others who posted. Mystery solved

BM,

My first response to this was "You gotta be kiddin'". Then I looked at a Blue F and noticed the gap in the eye of the single hook and realized that you're quite right. I just think it's a wee bit odd that the Foxes come with a single replacement hook whereas other lures that have a split ring, making it easy to change hooks, don't come with a spare hook.

Anyway, thx BM and others others who posted. Mystery solved

No prob man, I remembered the first time I went to put on a single hook (due to regulations) and thought to myself... How the heck do I get this one off? I thought maybe you could twist the body, or like on the olds Mepps slide the body up and over, remove old hook, slide the new one on, then slide the body back down etc.. Nope, not on these spinners! LOL!