Lake Muskoka Ice Fishing

EC1

How's everyone doing?

Just wanted to post this up because I've really been wanting to ice fish Muskoka sometime this year, but I've only been a few spots during the summer and was looking for a few pointers to maybe help me out a little. The next weekend or two will probably be my only opportunity to try out new water.

Specifically, I was looking at walking out somewhere near Bala. Is the ice ever safe there with the dam going to the moon river? I've seen some of the monster pike, walleye and smallies that come out of there, but would love to maybe see a laker or ling too!

No need to point me to spots, but any kinds of water should I be looking for? Deep? Shallow? Rocks or what?

You can always PM me if you want to take me out to show me how it's done out there! I offer hot food on the ice...Just sayin' :lol:

Thanks! :thumbsup_anim:

There is lakers not far from bala as well many other fish. Don't be afraid to try there. Everyone fish's joe, Muskoka has good fishing as well. Some nice size fish there as well. Ice should be good, I was on the ice a month a go in bala bay. Try and find the deeper water in bala bay and you should catch some.

Have not been on Lake Joe yet this winter but it holds some great Laker's. I have done a number of Laker and Whitefish guide trips in the Haliburtons and on Lake of Bays and been doing very well on them!... look for drops and humps in the 40-60ft depths... small minnow tipped spoons in Siver/Gold and blue combo's and run a set line with a minnow (if the lake permits a 2nd line)... Good luck and be safe out there!!!... Greg.

Thanks for all the great info guys!

I am still leaning towards Lake Muskoka, because of its distance, and it's the only water that I've really seen during the softwater.

Will have to check, and will let you guys know how I do if I make it out there this weekend!