Yes theres ice,but I,ll take the river

misfish

Got out again today. It was very slow. Hit many spots. Walked and walked. I finaly tried the Raven rod and sst2 I bought last spring. I was pleased with both,but my problem is,they dont balance. I,m going to try wrapping some copper wire at the butt and see how that works. I found it to be a bit tip heavy.

2 fish for my efforts. The first I got to shore,but the ice edge sliced the line. :wallbash: The second was more manageable.LOL

steel004-1.jpg

Back at it again in the AM. :Gonefishing:

Nice one Brian, Love my SST, mine is not pretty ( years of roe crust lol) but it keeps spinning. I reach for that pin more often than the others I have.

Thanks.

Ya that SST is a sweet reel. I spooled up my new Okuma raw for the rest of the weekend. Man that,s one sensitive reel.

I put it on my Quantum pro. JohnF, is always watching over me when I use that rod. :angel:

It,s not that bad Bill. Like I said,just a bit tip heavy. Other then that,I really like the combo. And the bigger reel is sweet to reel. :thumbsup_anim:

You wait until you hook into a 10lb hot chromer.. It will be up for sale after it breaks you off in the wood! :) :)

I have discovered the lack of power in my raven im6.. whats a good alternative without breaking the bank? I'm still new to this game but maybe if you slide the reel up a bit itl balance better.. that being said, i find it hard to tell when my setup is 'balanced'

I have discovered the lack of power in my raven im6.. whats a good alternative without breaking the bank? I'm still new to this game but maybe if you slide the reel up a bit itl balance better.. that being said, i find it hard to tell when my setup is 'balanced'

Streamside for sure.