Shops for rod building

Riccardo

Hiiiii!!!!

I'm italian angler & rod builder. Now I live in Toronto but from Italy I bring with me the passion of fishing and rod buinding!!!I would know if exist a shop in Canada for rod building. Can help me someone in this reserch?

Thank you

Have a good day!!

RIccardoGonefishing.gif

Hi and welcome :)

Locally your options for rod-building supplies are limited, the only place I know in the GTA is Angling Specialties, their Hwy 7 store has the best selection but the other location do carry a few bits. I'm sure other stores stock a few bits as well by AS carries the most.

Staying in Canada the biggest mail order place I've found is www.rodbuildersupplies.com, based in BC.

There are a lot of places south of the border and most of them will ship to Canada but beware two things:

1) their shipping policy, some will charge up to 20% of the order value up to $200

2) try and find a place that will ship with USPS rather than UPS or FedEx. The latter two will charge you brokerage on top of and duty that you need to pay, USPS packages are delivered by the mail-man and you just pay the duty (if it gets applied)

Hiiiii!!!!

I'm italian angler & rod builder. Now I live in Toronto but from Italy I bring with me the passion of fishing and rod buinding!!!I would know if exist a shop in Canada for rod building. Can help me someone in this reserch?

Thank you

Have a good day!!

RIccardoGonefishing.gif

Welcome Riccardo. There are rod builders on this site that I'm sure could help you further..

Hi and welcome :)

Locally your options for rod-building supplies are limited, the only place I know in the GTA is Angling Specialties, their Hwy 7 store has the best selection but the other location do carry a few bits. I'm sure other stores stock a few bits as well by AS carries the most.

Staying in Canada the biggest mail order place I've found is www.rodbuildersupplies.com, based in BC.

There are a lot of places south of the border and most of them will ship to Canada but beware two things:

1) their shipping policy, some will charge up to 20% of the order value up to $200

2) try and find a place that will ship with USPS rather than UPS or FedEx. The latter two will charge you brokerage on top of and duty that you need to pay, USPS packages are delivered by the mail-man and you just pay the duty (if it gets applied)

The above sums it up nicely, thanks Cuzza.

As a fellow rod builder let me welcome you to OFC, I look forward to seeing some of your work.

The above sums it up nicely, thanks Cuzza.

Cheers Chris :) BTW - found ferrules etc for that cane rod, hopefully on their way from a place in PA as I type this.

Doubleheader - hadn't heard of Anglers Habitat, you may have just cost me some more money for one of those Sage kits! :oops: