Gforce chip

Carp

FIRST if you truck/vehicle is under manufacture warranty this chip will void said warranty.....and it will leave a trail in the vehicles computer if you remove it so you can take it in for warranty work...not good.

SECOND don't believe a thing they are telling you...save that money for expensive gasoline.

I’m not going to say that this gizmo won’t do what it claims; but there is always some form of a trade off when it comes to these things.

What I mean is all the different control modules (computers) on your vehicle share information amongst themselves on serial data lines. For example the vehicle speed sensor sends a signal to the engine management, engine management then sends out its interpretation of this signal to the instrument cluster (speedo), cruise control, transmission controller and wherever else, where a speed signal is needed.

If this Gforce thing changes what the engine management sees; then engine management will send out an inaccurate signal to the other modules causing them to make inaccurate commands to the working devices they control. Again using the speed sensor as one of hundreds of different scenarios; the cruise may not hold a proper speed, transmission may not shift into the proper gear for the load on the engine and so on and so on.

Anytime an aftermarket electronic device is attached to the communications line there will be some form of unwanted side effect.

I put an auto start on my 05 Avalanche; the thing works great; except when I’ve left the truck in 4 wheel drive and then use the auto start. For some unknown reason this will shut down my traction and stability controls and turn on the instrument cluster’s warning lights. I have to shut the truck down and then restart with the ignition key to bring these things back on line? Like I said there’s always some form of trade off. Some are no big deal; but others may have your mechanic scratching his head trying to figure out why whatever is doing whatever wrong.

Like with the Avalanche what does an auto start have to do with traction control; by rights nothing but it has done this since the day it was installed???

Dan.

Had an after market chip in my old truck,yes it had bit more power BUT it wouldn't start in the cold weather and it changed the way the tranny shifted because it wouldn't lock up the converter and stayed in the lower gears to much under any throttle.I put the old one back in after 2 weeks !!!

vance