Tomiko Lake

Jay T

I headed up there with my boys last Friday, what a crappy drive! Got there at about 3pm unloaded and got all the gear ready and headed out to our hut. Wasn`t long and I caught a big rock bass, back into the drink it goes. About 5pm I get a good hit and hook into a nice eye, get it up to the hole and just as the head goes to come up the hole he goes horizontal and gets caught under the ice and watched the eye swim back down :( . My eldest boy hooked into a nice eye and lost it also, then it went quiet so we headed back for some eats.

The next day up ealry and headed out to our hut, I ended up catching 5 Cisco no walleyes were seen this day but we had fish for a fry.

Sunday we all got Cisco again, 7 were caught this time and no walleyes were seen again. We marked lots but nothing was committing to our lures or minnows.

Okimot Lodge is fantastic, the owner Tom was great and the accommodations where fantastic.

Overall it was a great weekend with my boys and some good laughs.

Here is a pic with some of the Cisco I caught.

Cheers

Cisco.jpg

Good report.

How did they taste? Any worms in the meat?

Not one worm in them, and they tasted great.

Rod Caster

It was a big walleye, but it gave me a good fight and I got to see it, it would have gone back anyways.