Tackle Industies Rods

bucktail

Hey Bucktail,

I have heard great things about their rods and their baits. Actually looking to bring them up here to my store. Should know soon. Do be careful when buying from ebay. Not all, but some may be seconds or returns in addition to what fishgreg mentioned above.

Hey Bucktail,

I have heard great things about their rods and their baits. Actually looking to bring them up here to my store. Should know soon. Do be careful when buying from ebay. Not all, but some may be seconds or returns in addition to what fishgreg mentioned above.

They are actually looking sure a retailer in canada http://www.tackleindustries.com/muskypikerods.html

Seem to get good reviews 2yr warranty.

I've been looking for a canadian retailer. Let us know if you do bring them up as I am looking for a xh 9' rod.

Will do sir, should know shortly. Adding the Tackle Industries and the Raven line should boost our Rod section nicely.

They are actually looking sure a retailer in canada http://www.tackleindustries.com/muskypikerods.html

Seem to get good reviews 2yr warranty.

One of the gents on our pro-staff really likes these rods and put me on to them. 2yr Warranty is nice!

Just wondering if anyone has heard or used this brand of rods. Reason I aksed is I saw some muskie rods on Ebay that were that brand. ?????

I have a telescopic Mag Extra Heavy, 9'. It's the heaviest rod I own. I use it for my heaviest, hardest pulling baits like Bulldawgs, Curly Sues, double ten type spinners.

The telescopic feature is great, it fits in the bed of my shortbox truck. Rod and guide components seem very solid. The cork handle is the thickest I own and I'm not certain if I like them quite that thick. The only thing that I kinda don't like is that the reel seat seems a little wide and the reel wants to sit off of centre on the rod just a little bit. I fixed this by jamming a piece of toothpick along the foot of the reel to snug it up on the rod. It can be used for trolling, maybe too stiff for some folks when it comes to trolling.

I caught a fat 44" fish last summer at boatside on it, and the rod handled the fish beautifully. The extra length seemed to help keep the fish pinned, even on a rod so stiff.

I purchased mine at Musky Tackle Online, and it was shipped to my home for around $120.00 total at that time. I consider them to be a very good value and I personally would rather by new rod than take a chance on a used rod for that price.

I do have a heavy action 7' Okuma for jerkbaits, and I like that line of rods as well. They have telescopic rods too, and they retail for about the same money as the TI rods. If I didn't buy the TI rod, I would have the Okuma. Hope that helps.

Andy

Edited by Andy

Great rods, using 5 of them for the past 3-4 years.

Always ordered directly from TackleIndustries or you can order from MTO

but would be nice to see them in stock at eTackle - great retailer

... and here is the proof they work

( you can see two split grip TI rods in the bacground :thumbsup_anim: )

55incherNov252011FH.jpg

Edited by Lifeisfun

I bought one. Can't remember the model, xxh or something. I ended up selling it shortly after; it was just way too much. I found the rod heavy, and the two piece handle did not line up properly. The rod felt really cumbersome. I think your alot better off buying a gently used St. Croix for the same or possibly less cash.

Edited by Weeds

I have the same 9' as talked about above I love it. It's heavier then a stcroix or other $300 rod but great for the price. My biggest last season on it was 47" in the fugue 8. It handles my Handlebarz double 10's with ease. I have a large Abu big game 7000 on it and love the bigger handle. I Give it two thumbs up but that is my 2 cents

I have the same 9' as talked about above I love it. It's heavier then a stcroix or other $300 rod but great for the price. My biggest last season on it was 47" in the fugue 8. It handles my Handlebarz double 10's with ease. I have a large Abu big game 7000 on it and love the bigger handle. I Give it two thumbs up but that is my 2 cents

For a guy who chucks big baits, on big water - alot, your opinions worth more then 2 cents Mike!

I bought two for throwing cowgirls and gave one to my son-in-law. The rods balanced well, but mine didn't hold up. Two of the rod eye inserts broke out. I decided to send it back rather than repair it myself as I was concerned they'd all break sooner or later. I wasn't satisfied with the warranty process. I had to make multiple calls, just a hassle. I won't buy another.

Edited by doubleheader

I bought two for throwing cowgirls and gave one to my son-in-law. The rods balanced well, but mine didn't hold up. Two of the rod eye inserts broke out. I decided to send it back rather than repair it myself as I was concerned they'd all break sooner or later. I wasn't satisfied with the warranty process. I had to make multiple calls, just a hassle. I won't buy another.

I have to say that I never heard of this problem before, I know many people who own themand my self

use them exclusively 200-300 hours a year.

My friend had cracked one of them on his St.croix tournament rod and it fried his line but that's about it.

This actually happened while fishing or transporting the rod?

Edited by Lifeisfun

I have to say that I never heard of this problem before, I know many people who own themand my self

use them exclusively 200-300 hours a year.

My friend had cracked one of them on his St.croix tournament rod and it fried his line but that's about it.

This actually happened while fishing or transporting the rod?

It happened while fishing. I fished about 5 hours with 2 other guys,we had already landed 4 pike and two 38-40" ski's,but my luck was that i had caught 3 of the pike but neither ski. I went to change lures and noticed my braided line was frayed. At first I thought maybe from rocks or something but quickly realized I had about 30 ft of frayed line. We were in a river making short casts into pocket water in late fall. One insert had fractured leaving 1/2 the eye in place and a 360 degree knife edge, and another insert on my guide next to the tip top was completely gone.

It happened while fishing. I fished about 5 hours with 2 other guys,we had already landed 4 pike and two 38-40" ski's,but my luck was that i had caught 3 of the pike but neither ski. I went to change lures and noticed my braided line was frayed. At first I thought maybe from rocks or something but quickly realized I had about 30 ft of frayed line. We were in a river making short casts into pocket water in late fall. One insert had fractured leaving 1/2 the eye in place and a 360 degree knife edge, and another insert on my guide next to the tip top was completely gone.

Hmmm, I still think it probably happened while in transport or perhaps

The leader was thin enough to be reeled in.

How is the other rod you gave away?

Hmmm, I still think it probably happened while in transport or perhaps

The leader was thin enough to be reeled in.

How is the other rod you gave away?

My son-in-law guides for a local resort, almost exclusively trout and steelies, I don't think he's even used it cause he's usuaally using a fly rod no matter what species he's fishing for.

For those who asked, the Tackle Industries announcement has now been posted. http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60286&pid=663904&st=0&&do=findComment&comment=663904

Purchase a rod and get a Canadian Made Huskie Muskie Fluoro Casting Leader as a bonus. http://huskiemuskie.ca/?page_id=6

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Harrison