Trout Hunt - Jan 28 2012 - Report

Leecher

Today, Paul and I had plan to target rainbows on the same lake I got my PB last Sunday B)

Here's the link for those that missed it: My Previous Report

Weather wise, we couldn't ask for anything better... Temp when I got up was -4C, 93% humidity and no wind... PERFECT :)

But a mystery guest (with to young ones) made his way from South Western Ontario (more specifically Hamilton area) to join us and I couldn't wait to meet him B)

After many PM's between the two of us the last 3 - 4 weeks, he finally arrived Friday morning :thumbsup_anim: On my way home from work, stopped by the motel he was staying and met him in person :clapping: Man was I ever glad to shake his hand and finally meet him face to face B)

It was funny, when we started talking, it was like I've known him for the longest time even though I only known him online from this board :clapping: We talked for a bit over an adult beverage and discussed the details of what Paul and I had planned :)

Saturday, 7h00am was the time planned to leave but some unforeseen delays had us leave around 7h30am or so :o We got to destination in almost a record time and met 2 other guys (Dan & friend, can't remember his name sorry :blush: )

Upon arriving, Paul got to business and punched 20 holes and we all got setup :) We dropped our offerings down and got to work B) Dead sticking Salties & dew worms, jigging a variety of spoons tipped with a variety of Gulp products B)

Unfortunately, there was no bite in the first few hours so Paul decided to punch more holes to see if he could locate any fish... Paul got a few perch in deeper waters and so is Dan and his friend :thumbsup_anim:

Here's a shot of Paul jigging

DSC07474.jpg

OFC member Vinnimon with his youngest daughter

DSC07472.jpg

Vince's oldest daughter

DSC07473.jpg

Unfortunately for us, trout had lock jaw and got skunked today :wallbash:

A snow storm had rolled in in the afternoon and we left around 2h00pm cutting our stay short :wallbash: Wish we could of got into a few for Vince sake but wasn't meant to be :(

All in all was a great time on the ice!!!

Until next time

Tight lines

Leechman

P.S. Vince, was awesome to finally shake your hand and meet you in person B) Had a blast today sharing the ice with you even though trout had lock jaw... wish you a safe trip back home and thanks for a wonderful day :D

Edited by Leechman

Today, Paul and I had plan to target rainbows on the same lake I got my PB last Sunday B)

Here's the link for those that missed it: My Previous Report

Weather wise, we couldn't ask for anything better... Temp when I got up was -4C, 93% humidity and no wind... PERFECT :)

But a mystery guest (with to young ones) made his way from South Western Ontario (more specifically Hamilton area) to join us and I couldn't wait to meet him B)

After many PM's between the two of us the last 3 - 4 weeks, he finally arrived Friday morning :thumbsup_anim: On my way home from work, stopped by the motel he was staying and met him in person :clapping: Man was I ever glad to shake his hand and finally meet him face to face B)

It was funny, when we started talking, it was like I've known him for the longest time even though I only known him online from this board :clapping: We talked for a bit over an adult beverage and discussed the details of what Paul and I had planned :)

Saturday, 7h00am was the time planned to leave but some unforeseen delays had us leave around 7h30am or so :o We got to destination in almost a record time and met 2 other guys (Dan & friend, can't remember his name sorry :blush: )

Upon arriving, Paul got to business and punched 20 holes and we all got setup :) We dropped our offerings down and got to work B) Dead sticking Salties & dew worms, jigging a variety of spoons tipped with a variety of Gulp products B)

Unfortunately, there was no bite in the first few hours so Paul decided to punch more holes to see if he could locate any fish... Paul got a few perch in deeper waters and so is Dan and his friend :thumbsup_anim:

Here's a shot of Paul jigging

DSC07474.jpg

OFC member Vinnimon with his youngest daughter

DSC07472.jpg

Vince's oldest daughter

DSC07473.jpg

Unfortunately for us, trout had lock jaw and got skunked today :wallbash:

A snow storm had rolled in in the afternoon and we left around 2h00pm cutting our stay short :wallbash: Wish we could of got into a few for Vince sake but wasn't met to be :(

All in all was a great time on the ice!!!

Until next time

Tight lines

Leechman

P.S. Vince, was awesome to finally shake your hand and meet you in person B) Had a blast today sharing the ice with you even though trout had lock jaw... wish you a safe trip back home and thanks for a wonderful day :D

[/quo

Thank you kindly Jacques for your hospitality, we truley enjoyed ourselves on our much needed mini vacation :thumbsup_anim:

It was also nice to meet your wife, daughter, bunjie and paul as well :thumbsup_anim:

I will add a little more to this thread a little later, I just arrived home. :sleeping_02:

Thank you kindly Jacques for your hospitality, we truley enjoyed ourselves on our much needed mini vacation :thumbsup_anim:

It was also nice to meet your wife, daughter, bunjie and paul as well :thumbsup_anim:

I will add a little more to this thread a little later, I just arrived home. :sleeping_02:

Your welcome mon ami :thumbsup_anim: The pleasure was all mine B) Glad you made home safely :thumbsup_anim:

I can imagine you being tired from all the driving around this weekend :sleeping_02:

Again, it was awesome meeting you and your 2 daughters :clapping: Sharing the ice was the icing on the cake B)

Tight lines

Jacques

Too bad about the "catching", but at least the fishing was good, Jacques, Vince, and friends. :thumbsup_anim:

It sure was great Frankie!!!

Your a lucky man Jacques. Vin is one of the members i would love to meet and fish with some day.

Along with you as wellclapping.gif

Paul, if you ever get to meet and fish with Vince, you'll have a super time :thumbsup_anim: I know... I certainly did :D

Also, if you ever come up in the valley and want to go fishing, gimme a holer, I'd be glad to share some fishing time with you as well :)

Great report Jacques! That sounds like a great get-together.

Must have been a long drive, Vinnie.

It was great for sure Chad!!!

I was waiting for this report, too bad about the skunk

Unfortunate Dan :( but the fishing was great nonetheless B)

Thanks as always for sharing Jacques. Nice to hear of another GTG with you and Vince. We had a blast in North Bay this weekend. Next stop, La Belle Province. Well, maybe some time soon. :)

Cheers.

:thumbsup_anim: Tony, where abouts are you heading?

No where right now Jacques. Just thinking of how nice it would be to someday hook-up with you for some ice fishing. Maybe my son Alexander could put on a "clinic" for us like he did in yesterday's GTG on Lake Nippising. :whistling:

Edited by motion

No where right now Jacques. Just thinking of how nice it would be to someday hook-up with you for some ice fishing. Maybe my son Alexander could put on a "clinic" for us like he did in yesterday's GTG on Lake Nippising. :whistling:

It'd be awesome Tony :thumbsup_anim: If Alexander and yourself are up for some trout hunting... come on up... I'd be glad to meet you and take part of a fishing clinic B)

Jaques is .. the GUY'' to meet ! always with his best humour and he laughs all day! :clapping::clapping:

too bad about the LOCKJAW on those crommers and pokadots!

Your too kind Kev :blush: The beauties were nowhere to be found unfortunately :wallbash: Them's are the brakes I guess :blink: but still was a great fishing trip :D