Using breathable rain pants for snow pants

kickingfrog

I use them at work every day. It gets too hot in standard insulated bibs, so when I'm WORKING outside, the waterproof, breathable bibs are my choice.

I'm not sure I would use them for icefishing though. My skinny arse gets cold If I'm not dressed warm enough. I guess if you layered up underneath them properly, you'd be fine. They are a great shell/windbreak for sure.

S.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

can't speak for bottoms, but the last few winters i've been wearing an uninsulated gore tex rain shell over a series of layers and have been totally comfortable. when it's -15 or colder i have to wear a down filled liner underneath it to keep warm. wool pants or something under the shell might do the trick.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I wear my uninsulated gander mountain H2O bibs all winter even though I own cabelas insulated guidewear bibs....I seem to use them more in the boat during spring/fall.

Long johns, thermals and then some jogging pants for layers usually.

TDunn

My snowboard pants/jacket are the same 2L Gore-Tex as my Pro Qualifier suit. That being said, I would just be worried about trekking through the bush in my rain suit, in case you happen to snag a thorn or branch and cause a rip/tear.

Edited by bdox

I wear a pair of breathable bibs for snowboarding, the same pair I wear in the summer when camping/canoeing if raining. Like has been said just wear the appropiate layers underneath.

Pair of jogging pants under the bibs when boarding, same pair of jogging pants under my survival suit when ice fishing.