Decision Made

Steve

After a long chat and a tour of Ron's facility, as well as the past work he has completed, I left my baby there to be picked up by the end of February.

We have agreed to the following:

*Re-Rivet all rivets on the bottom of the boat, as well as add new structural rivets in the front.

*Repair any stringers required

*Replace floatation foam

*Replace all wood with new 3/4" marine ply

*Replace all carpet with new marine grade carpet (same original colour)

*Add custom rigger mounts for each side

*Replace all electrical and hoses

*Replace the bilge and livewell pumps

*Custom paint the interior and exterior of the hull (same matching colours of the original)

*Add digital guages for my motor (my old yamaha had analog guages but my new yammy requires digital guages - which I never added)

When he threw me the starting price, I was comfortable. I added $2K or so for additional "fun" that will present itself as we go along.

His first step is stripping the entire boat down to rivets. I'll then come by to check out the condition of the hull and rivets prior to him stripping the rivets and re-doing. He's even doing all the aluminimum reconditioning (scratches, dents, etc).

My baby is going under the knife.

Photo's will be taken throughout the entire rebuild, in which I will share accordingly.

Thanks for all the candid advice everyone. It has been greatly appreciated.

Oh, sinker, his duck boats are retarded! I can't believe what he builds....the 22' model is beyond unbelievable!

I really apprecaited his understanding of 12m a year boating....rather than talking like "it shouldn't be done, and if you do, expect damage" which is how most marina's talk (ie, bay city) Ron realizes that it can be done, with the appropriate boat.

I'm a happy camper!

merc, well, that is up to each individual.

i couldn't justify spending $10K or more for a 'lesser' of a boat....

reducing sizes of casting decks, livewells, while increasing beams for extra horsies....

fisherman want things that enhance fishing... ie, casting decks and livewells....

if I went to the new pro guide, i would have had to massively increase my horsies while at the same time reducing the size of my livewell and casting deck....but i would have had a wider boat....

again, each to their own...

i'm happy with my decision....

someone else may have wanted to go with a new boat....