needs some help on lake remsey sudbury

Spouph

I talked to a few people today about where to fish, took there advice got scunked, lake number 7 for my quest to hit all the lakes in the sudbury area was dissapointing. I will go back because I can"t leave that lake a skunk. Generally I will ice fish eye's from 2 to 18 ft of water, today I set up where 3 people agreed was a good spot just off somerset road by cbr bay or whatever it is called, I drilled holes where people have drilled before, to find 30 ft, I fished it and 1 hit so I drilled a line of holes to the shore, 20 feet off the shore to find 20 ft of water. Fished here one hit, only saw two fish on the finder. Now my questions are what depth is productive. What time is productive and is this area a decent area. Was any one else fishing today was it just an off day? Still was a great day and that lake just looks awesome, but it seems deep and like there are thousands of decent area's to fish, I honestly think a person could fish a lifetime and not learn that lake entirely. If you worked on learnig that lake, I would love the advice. I plan to fish it again tommorrow.

I only fished there a handful of times, and it's been hit or miss.

-

One time I was supposed to meet my Father at a particular spot I'd been told was good, but got stuck at work when stuff broke down near the end of shift. He fished for a couple hours and got five in a 45 minute period. The very next night we attended the same spot at the same time of day and didn't get a bite.

-

The hour or so before sundown seems to make a big difference there. Big tip for walleye fishing, eh?

I've never had much luck ice fishing Ramsey. CPR bay is supposed to be a hot spot. I think there are too many people that live close to town that can't fish except for where they can take the bus. I did good for a few years in a row fishing in front of Science North before the boardwalk went in. Fished from about 9:30 till midnight. Got limits most days for a few weeks until the bite slowed down in mid June.

If you are planning to hit Nepawhin, don't plan on eating any of the fish. Check out the MOE Guide to Eating Sportfish for details.

I think there are too many people that live close to town that can't fish except for where they can take the bus.

Now there's something you won't here often.

Fish like that by taking the bus.

I lived there for 4 years and that's one of the reasons I love the area, nature is not far away there. Hahaha

I only fished there a handful of times, and it's been hit or miss.

-

One time I was supposed to meet my Father at a particular spot I'd been told was good, but got stuck at work when stuff broke down near the end of shift. He fished for a couple hours and got five in a 45 minute period. The very next night we attended the same spot at the same time of day and didn't get a bite.

-

The hour or so before sundown seems to make a big difference there. Big tip for walleye fishing, eh?

any particular depth

Spend time on the lake, you'll eventually figure it out. People can tell you all kinds of things, nothing beats time on the water.

I totaly agree time is of the essance. How ever i have found a few simple questions to as many people on any lake you will see a pattern, ie particular colours particular depths, times. It is amazing how one lake can differ from another. three simple questions can save years and lots of wasted money. scratch that when it's fishing it not about the money. Alot of times I will sneek out friday's to figure out a spot so that sat I can take the kids on sat. I like to know what I am doing so that the kids can catch a fish or two, there yound but there getting addicted. This place is perfect big tobaganing hill and a short walk, all I nee to do is figure out the fishing. perfect day.

I've never had much luck ice fishing Ramsey. CPR bay is supposed to be a hot spot. I think there are too many people that live close to town that can't fish except for where they can take the bus. I did good for a few years in a row fishing in front of Science North before the boardwalk went in. Fished from about 9:30 till midnight. Got limits most days for a few weeks until the bite slowed down in mid June.

If you are planning to hit Nepawhin, don't plan on eating any of the fish. Check out the MOE Guide to Eating Sportfish for details.

thanks

You did not catch any fish at cpr bay!! Guess you were there in the middle of the day. Early morning or at sunset is usually a good time.Try closer to the rocks it drops fast. Did you happen to notice that there are huts by the boat launch this year,or is this the first time for you hear. Go and see Brian at pro bait and tackle if he is in a good mood he may help you out on hot spots.

Are you from Sudbury or just visiting? let me know how you make out.

I live in the floor mill,in sudbury. Good luck fishing all the lakes around sudbury there are lots like 300 and some. I have a map never realized how many there was till i got the map. Happy fishing

You did not catch any fish at cpr bay!! Guess you were there in the middle of the day. Early morning or at sunset is usually a good time.Try closer to the rocks it drops fast. Did you happen to notice that there are huts by the boat launch this year,or is this the first time for you hear. Go and see Brian at pro bait and tackle if he is in a good mood he may help you out on hot spots.

Are you from Sudbury or just visiting? let me know how you make out.

I live in the floor mill,in sudbury. Good luck fishing all the lakes around sudbury there are lots like 300 and some. I have a map never realized how many there was till i got the map. Happy fishing

Ya it is the first time here and Inow live in chemmy, I bailed ond fishing and decided to help a fellow out on his hut instead on sat, but the smorning I went out to whitewater lake instead of the long 15 min drive to suds and lets just say the eye's and a pike are cooking had a great few hours of fishing and will be going back there tonight, But I plan to fish cpr bay again one night this week unless you think I should spend my time by the launch ramp. Please let me know and thanks for the reply.

Ya it is the first time here and Inow live in chemmy, I bailed ond fishing and decided to help a fellow out on his hut instead on sat, but the smorning I went out to whitewater lake instead of the long 15 min drive to suds and lets just say the eye's and a pike are cooking had a great few hours of fishing and will be going back there tonight, But I plan to fish cpr bay again one night this week unless you think I should spend my time by the launch ramp. Please let me know and thanks for the reply.

Its hard to say depends on how cold it is. Ramsey is a spring fed lake and its always cold even in the summer. I have heard that the fish are biting by the launch by what looks like a light house.

Will see if i can find out more this week and let you know.

White water is a good fishing place lots of pike and pickerel when the are biting that is. Gonna have a derby out there this year in March hope you don't caught all the fish. lol