Sudbury icefishing

Pguzik

large lakes like wanapetei and penache are iffy right now. had a buddy who almost went thru a few times yesterday with his sled on penage. i'd take the sled to cartier and go up fox lake road, countless speckie/splake/rainbow lakes back there, few lakers too, pretty much hit any water hole in the area and you have trout

penache is a good lake for lakeres but the ice is supper thin in spot, did around ten fish you can only keep 2 in about an hour, you gotta know the spot I Had a local guy take me out it was silly. White tube jig heavily weighted tippes with a shiner not a dace. Lakers very tasty. Put a treble hook in the snap of the swivel I did not do this but it works for eyes for hook ups. I missed alot, find a local guy on any lake to shoe you the way. I am new to the area and not a guide yet so I cant offer much more. I have hit 6 of the 330 lake in the greater sudbury district, I have got fish on all of the not every time but these lake all have fish. good luck pm me if you want to fish when your up here. Im going to ramsey tommorrow, lake number 7

Check with ramackoes tackle world lake Ramsey if the season is open

Ramsey is open all year now...no sanctuary period anymore.

Don't bother asking at Ramakko's...you're getting as good if not better advice right here. If you have a sled there are lots of places to go. The guy who suggested heading up 144 towards Cartier has the right idea. Lake Wanapitei and Penache rarely disappoint as well.

If you see a place with about a million huts...don't fish there.

Ramsey and withe water are good and safe for ice fishing there are tons of lakes around Sudbury. Depends on what time you are working till Cartier is not just around the corner. Long lake is not out of the city ether all good lakes to fish.

I realy need to get another sled to go ice fishing again